    hijacked their internet connection to a premium rate telephone number
    and then ran up hundreds and thousands of pounds of phone bills!

    Doh!

    Gordon, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Gordon

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    That's JUST making the news over there in the UK? Shit, that
    was old news here in the US two years ago.... Why, you'll be
    discovering fire by next week!

    -= Hawk =-, Apr 7, 2004

  3. Gordon

    Palindrome Guest

    You have taught us once already:

    "The British forces proceeded to Washington, facing little resistance.
    Upon entering the city, they found the Washington Navy Yard had already
    been set aflame by the Americans, so that the military stores there
    could not be used by the invaders. The British, unopposed, set fire to
    the Capitol, the White House, and the offices of the War and Treasury
    Departments."

    Some may say it is time for a re-run...

    Palindrome, Apr 7, 2004
  4. Gordon

    PuddleNuts Guest

    Some may say it is time for a re-run...
    Like who?

    PuddleNuts, Apr 7, 2004
  5. Gordon

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    Some may say its sad to have to go back 200 years for a 'one up'.
    Don't bother thanking my dad's generation that you're not speaking
    German, just knowing that you lost the country that hauled your
    collective asses out of the fire is amusing enough.

    -= Hawk =-, Apr 7, 2004
  6. Gordon

    Palindrome Guest

    From here, it looks like the majority of Americans believe that Capitol
    Hill is corrupt and that the present administration got there by fraud
    and is still running true to form. And tales about the American poor who
    can only get jobs without medical cover and then have to chose between
    eating or getting their sick child to a doctor. But hey, we don't get
    people parking a truck of explosives next to a building and blowing it
    up when the kindergarten is in full swing. Well we do, but only the IRA,
    with American funding. So maybe you would have been better off staying
    British Subjects. It's not too late you know - you could always ask
    Canada to run things for you.

    Palindrome, Apr 7, 2004
  7. Gordon

    Palindrome Guest

    America entered the war because it considered it to be in its own
    National Interest - not through any interest in the UK's well being. So
    thanks aren't either necessary or appropriate. And the UK still had its
    loyal colonies at that time, so is was getting by and would have got by
    without the US, anyhow. Not exactly very Americans around at the time of
    the Battle of Britain - other than in US war films..
    And the UK didn't lose the American Colony, it abandoned it because it
    wasn't worth fighting for at a time when the UK were also fighting the
    French - who were a significant World Power at the time. It was
    America's loss, not the UK's.

    Palindrome, Apr 7, 2004
  8. Gordon

    Linda Guest

    OK, I won't. I'll thank my Grandfathers generation.

    Linda, Apr 7, 2004
  9. Gordon

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    Tell that to the several millions of tons of shipping we sent
    you before we ever fired a shot.
    And even if we DID enter the war in our own interests so what?
    If we hadn't you'd be goosestepping around and speaking German.
    Yah, SURE you would.
    You're funny.

    -= Hawk =-, Apr 7, 2004
  10. Gordon

    Trent SC Guest

    Some may say its sad to have to go back 200 years for a 'one up'.
    Sold, not sent.

    Trent SC, Apr 7, 2004
  11. Gordon

    Unknown Guest

    That happens even with a firewall, AV program and a malware scanner. If you
    are stupid enough to download unknown programs expect anything.

    Unknown, Apr 7, 2004
  12. Gordon

    PuddleNuts Guest

    Did you hear that form the BBC? Was that before or after Benny Hill?

    PuddleNuts, Apr 7, 2004
  13. Gordon

    PuddleNuts Guest

    It was
    bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

    PuddleNuts, Apr 7, 2004
  14. Gordon

    PuddleNuts Guest

    What is this in regards to, top-poster?

    PuddleNuts, Apr 7, 2004
  15. Gordon

    Hywel Guest

    We haven't got time. We're too busy thanking the Yanks for killing so
    many British troops in GF1 and GF2. Besides, if you brush up on your
    WW2 history, you'll find that they Americans played but a small part in
    defeating the Germans. In which year did they join in, and why did they
    join in?

    Hywel, Apr 7, 2004
  16. Gordon

    why? Guest

    Idiots, or just plain ordinary users (whom didn't download the dialer,
    but some major jerks hide them on websites) with an ISP that doesn't at
    least give any advice. Or the phone service that can easily detect the
    obvious constant reconnecting to premium numbers, and just demand
    payment of the unusual large bills.

    IIRC that the 2nd (or 3rd) time at least they have featured that.
    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Apr 7, 2004