  1. -Almazick-

    -Almazick- Guest

    Looking for a modified driver to install network card Realtek RTL 8180.

    -Almazick-, May 20, 2005

  2. Contact Realtek - their card, they will produce the driver if one exists.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], May 20, 2005

  3. -Almazick-

    Rick Guest

    Where do you see a 64-bit driver for Win x64 on this page?

    Rick, May 20, 2005
  4. Yes, *.inf file decoration.
    Doesn't mean that it's going to work
    More info here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;888728

    Cheers

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 20, 2005
  5. -Almazick-

    -Almazick- Guest

    I was thinking about modified the INF file myself. Windows XP 64 is looking
    for a line like nt 5.0 64 or something like that. Do you know exactly what
    is it looking for?

    -Almazick-, May 20, 2005
  6. -Almazick-

    Rick Guest

    If you don't have a 64-bit driver written for Win x64, it will not do
    you any good to modify the .INF file - YOU MUST HAVE 64-BIT DRIVERS!!!!

    Rick, May 20, 2005
  7. OK - to clear this up.
    Modifying the INF file will not let you install a driver if you do not
    actually have a 65-bit x64 driver.
    INF file modification has NOTHING to do with getting a driver that is 32-bit
    to install on a 64-bit system.
    You cannot use a 32-bit driver on a 64-bit system - INF modification only
    allows a single INF file to be used to install drivers on multiple
    platforms -- by allowing the driver selection wizard for each platform type
    to pick the correct DRIVER FILE out of the package.
    The set of files included with the INF must include a 64-bit x64 driver
    file - the inf only drivers the install wizards or processes.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --