    find a solution to this problem. Any suggestions ?

    Thanks,

    Manish

    manish, Jul 17, 2005

  2. manish

    sam1967 Guest

    I use just such a card in my PC.

    Download the drivers and the utility and see if that helps

    http://tinyurl.com/2theq

    I mainly use windows 2000 as too many things about XP annoy me.

    When I did use XP with that card I found I could get better results by
    disabling the Wireless Zero Config service (start ->run >services.msc
    or control panel applet) provided by XP and just using the Realtek
    Utility to handle the connection (rtwlan.exe) .

    The Realtek utility handles my connection under Windows 2000 very well
    and supports both WEP and WPA-PSK.

    The Boingo Client is also quite good at handling connections.

    sam1967, Jul 17, 2005