Realtek audio Vista drivers

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Guest, Jan 13, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jan 13, 2007

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I tried to install the AC'97 Codecs because I am not getting any sound in
    Vista and during the install, I got a message that Vista could not install
    the driver. Not sure what to do next.

    Guest, Jan 15, 2007

  3. Guest

    Theo Guest

    Make sure you have the correct drivers for your system.

    Theo, Jan 15, 2007
  4. Guest

    neekers Guest

    I got the same thing. And I get a dumber error from Windows Update.
    Now it says device cannot start. I'm on vista ultimate.

    neekers, Jan 21, 2007
  5. Guest

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    Jud Hendrix, Jan 21, 2007
  6. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    If you had sound before Windows Update, at least you can roll back. I had
    the same problem with video, after the install the video was trashed.
    Rollback worked fine in my case. Seems Microsoft isn't doing that good a
    job with their WHQL driver support thru Update anymore.

    John Barnes, Jan 21, 2007
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I'm also having a problem with Realtek drivers. I have no sound, but the
    drivers look good in the device manager. Any suggestions on debugging this.

    Guest, Jan 27, 2007
  8. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Have you tried to roll back the drivers.

    John Barnes, Jan 27, 2007
  9. Guest

    Dshai Guest

    Not to sound out of line, but I've seen it happen, are the speakers plugged
    in right and powered on?

    Dshai, Jan 27, 2007
  10. Guest

    demi Guest

    I didn't rollback and since then I purchased a Sound Blaster Audigy SE
    sound card since I noticed they had vista drivers. I uninstalled all
    the realtek stuff. The SoundMax stuff wouldn't uninstall, so I
    removed it (actually, I moved it somewhere else, just in case). I
    then installed the SB drivers and it still doesn't work. It's a major
    pain in the butt. I can't help but think there's something wrong
    inside vista itself. My other symptom is that Medial player gives a
    error message when trying to play a song and the little speaker in the
    task tray has a red x and it says, "No audio device is installed".

    BTW, checked the power and speaker wires about 10 times now. They're
    ok.

    demi, Jan 30, 2007
  11. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Go into your BIOS and disable the Realtek onboard sound. The go into device
    manager and find the sound card. Should be an ! If it is there, go to the
    Creative site and make sure you are downloading the correct drivers for your
    card and Operating System 64-bit drivers. Run the driver install program.
    You should be able to get sound. You can also try installing from Device
    Manager if that doesn't work.

    John Barnes, Jan 31, 2007
  12. Guest

    Guest Guest

    :before i update my realteck vista drive should i go to the
    add remove papanel and remove the drive there before i download the updated
    drive ?

    Guest, Jan 31, 2007
  13. Guest

    demi Guest

    I had basically done that except first I removed the driver, then I
    rebooted and disabled the sound on the motherboard through the bios,
    the I installed the creative drivers.

    Unfortunately, I think there' s something else a work here. It's my
    son's machine and when we had originally set it up we were having
    problems with the video card drivers. Originally, the sound from the
    Realtek drivers worked, but it was scratchy. At some point during the
    process of him installing stuff, because we started with with a clean
    hard-drive, the sound stopped working. We're not sure when. Then we
    starting fiddling with the sound drivers, then the sound card as I
    mentioned above and now this is where we are.

    Here's a question, in the device manager in XP under "sound, video and
    game controllers" I see different "codecs". I don't see these in
    Vista. Are they supposed to be there? Is this a clue?

    demi, Jan 31, 2007