really annoyed can any one help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by skinrod, Sep 10, 2003.

  1. skinrod

    skinrod Guest

    hi
    this is really geting on my nerves now
    this is the 3rd time my pc has really slowed down
    the main problem is the fact that internet explorer slows down alot to a
    point where it is unbearable to browse
    the pages scroll very very jerky which makes it impossable to browse

    this has happened twice already and it seems to do it when it likes cos it
    can be working fine then all of a sudden it doesn't

    now i have had help before about this because of the other times.

    i scanned for spyware
    i defraged
    scan disk
    clean disk
    none of the above made a slight difference in anything

    i have plenty space
    i have a decent pc maybe not for great gaming but it has been working
    recently but now the net just wont run smoothly

    my internet connection works fine because it works on my dad pc fine and
    download speeds are fine since i have broadband.

    the only solution that has worked for the last times is to format but i cant
    keep doing that every time
    it only seems to work for a while then happens the same again

    please someone help me out here

    p.s
    i have the latest drivers for everything aswell

    please reply asap

    skinrod, Sep 10, 2003

  2. If you haven't already done so, run a full system scan with a decent - and
    *up-to-date* - antivirus program (if you don't have one look at AVG from
    www.grisoft.com - basic version is free).

    Also, try emptying IE's "temporary internet files" (you'll find the relevant
    details under Tools ... Options - a quick Google will find you
    comprehensive instructions if you need them.

    Cheers

    Dave P

    David Precious, Sep 10, 2003

  3. skinrod

    Boomer Guest

    skinrod said:
    Hi
    Have you cleaned out your cache, history, temp and cookie files?
    (Restart the computer first, then clean.)

    Ran your antivirus program? Any screen saver's running in the
    background?
    Find Fast enabled (MSOffice)? My Documents folder full?
    Firewall? Norton products installed? Any newly installed programs?

    Here's a few links than may help with cleaning up your HD
    if you think that may be an issue.
    http://www.infinisource.com/techfiles/clean_hd.html
    http://members.aol.com/mswebbie/space.htm
    http://www.toejumper.net/maintain4/del4.htm

    Hope these tips help.

    Boomer, Sep 10, 2003
  4. skinrod

    Ben Guest

    skinrod wrote in
    Of course, you could get a better browser. Almost any one
    would do.

    Ben, Sep 10, 2003
  5. skinrod

    Barry OGrady Guest

    You may have a virus. Something is causing the loss of upper case and
    punctuation. Also the space character is missing between a and lot and as and well.

    -Barry
    ========
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

    Barry OGrady, Sep 10, 2003
  6. skinrod

    Dave R. Guest

    Does it happen when your computer is on for a long time?

    If so... check out your CPU and Video card cooling fans... Heat WILL slow
    things down...

    Seen this before... and it was my CPU fan.

    Dave

    Dave R., Sep 10, 2003
  7. skinrod

    Bay0Wulf Guest

    Sometimes when my computer starts to drag a bit I find that rebooting
    usually works to flush out the system . I also have a program "FreeMem" that
    goes and takes back RAM regularly (evey 5 minutes or less than 62M
    available) this helped alot to stop the drags. TRy looking on Tucows.com or
    something similsr ... they are shareware and after a trial you may need to
    buy it but ...

    - Bay0Wulf

    Bay0Wulf, Sep 11, 2003