    the parent folder is read only - i changed it and selected all sub
    folders and files. But the folder reappears as read only. time to
    upgrade back to XP Pro.

    Jason, Nov 7, 2010

  2. Jason

    Jason Guest

    So why is Access saying the file is read only. You reminded me - XP
    shows all folders as read only but the exact same folders/files under XP
    work fine.

    Jason, Nov 7, 2010

  3. Jason

    Carlos Guest

    Jason,
    Have you tried taking ownership of the file?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Nov 8, 2010
  4. Jason

    Jason Guest

    yes - already tried that

    Jason, Nov 9, 2010
  5. Jason

    Carlos Guest

    Jason,
    So you mean you are really the owner of the file, have R/W access to
    it and Access can't edit or overwrite it?
    What happens if you open the file with Excel? Same warning (read
    only)?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Nov 9, 2010
  6. Jason

    Jason Guest

    Excel just says that i would have access to confidentuL INFORMATION so
    it looks like an Access issue. But Access works fine on XP.

    Jason, Nov 10, 2010
  7. Jason

    Carlos Guest

    Jason,
    How about running the Access executable as administrator?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Nov 10, 2010