    recognized" when trying to use a raw floppy editor. The label of the
    disk let me think that it is a 720 KByte floppy : DS DD 1.0 Mb / 1.0 Mo

    Marc

    mleroy, Nov 6, 2005

  2. mleroy

    rivenglo Guest

    I tried to retrieve data from some of these for a friend and couldn't get
    anywhere using a PC. I did find another Brother WPC on Ebay for £20 which
    did the trick - but probably wasn't much good for converting to a standard
    format. (Some WPC can save as ASCII on normal floppies but I think the
    Brother does a non standard format)

    rivenglo, Nov 14, 2005

  3. mleroy

    chessucat Guest

    You need to get a 3.5" Newtronics floppy drive (D357K) to read the
    disk. This drive write at a different speed than the standard floppy
    drives, they didn't make very many of 'em cause of the compatibility
    problems.

    <chessucat twitches>

    chessucat, Nov 15, 2005