READ THIS: x64 Trial Download Functionality Restored

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], May 25, 2005.

  1. As you probably know already, the trial site ordering functionalities
    were restored.

    To order a trial CD or to download an ISO image of the CD, visit:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/evaluation/trial.mspx

    For those that choose to the download path, please be patient after you
    submit your order. You will receive your email within' the hour (no it's
    not instantaneous)

    Quick n' Dirty Unofficial FAQ:

    q. I haven't received my email, are there site issues again?
    a. As of May 24th, 11:58 EST, there doesn't appear to be any
    show-stopping issues. If you're using free web-based services (e.g.
    Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.), add "" to your anti-spam or
    anti-junk-mail allow/white list.

    q. Will the use of Internet Explorer and/or Firefox expedite my order?
    a. No.

    q. Are there any compatibility/order submission issues with Firefox
    and/or Internet Explorer that will impact my order?
    a. No.

    q. Does specifying 'United Kingdom' instead of 'United States' expedite
    my order?
    a. No, select your appropriate region. 'United Kingdom' and 'United
    States' were tested and are functional.

    q. Can I download the ISO while I wait for my confirmation email
    containing my product key?
    a. Yes, use this link:
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...a973-0975f7fb7daf/WS03SP1_RTM_1830_PX6_EN.iso

    q. Is that link correct? I see 'WS03SP1' in the file name...
    a. Yes, x64 shares the same code base as WS03. Confusing I admit.

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], May 25, 2005

  2. The e-mail was instantaneous for me. Downloading now as of 22:24 MT.
    ~45KB/s

    privatenews\\64bit, May 25, 2005

  3. Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]

    Guest Guest

    Very good. I had submited it like 10 times, and nothing came within an hour,
    but now (2 hours later) all the confirmation letters came.

    Guest, May 25, 2005
  4. Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]

    BossHogg Guest

    ya nice to have the iso link thanks
    and at a speedy 350kbs

    BossHogg, May 25, 2005
  5. Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]

    Roy Coorne Guest

    Yes - THX!

    ....as well as 'France'.

    Unfortunately, this doesn't mean that WS03 drivers work with x64...

    Roy

    Roy Coorne, May 25, 2005
  6. Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]

    Juan Jansen Guest

    Seems to be a 180 day version instead of 120 day...

    Way the go MS

    Greetings

    Juan Jansen

    Juan Jansen, May 25, 2005
  7. Juan,

    Interesting as the page
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/evaluation/trial.mspx
    states
    "...
    Thank you for your interest in evaluating Windows XP Professional x64
    Edition.
    This trial software allows you to evaluate the product for 120 days.
    Register to order a CD or to download the trial software.
    ...."

    If you have downloaded and installed it - does the EULA or the time out on
    winver say 180 days ??

    Is so I need to get the page changed

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], May 25, 2005
  8. I'm not running the eval, but every MS OS Eval I've ever used had a 180 day
    timebomb (which is just about 1/2 of a year). I'm willing to guess that the
    site is wrong ;-).

    --
    Ryan Hoffman
    Extended64.com - http://www.extended64.com

    Windows x64 Support Forums: http://www.extended64.com/Forums/
    Extended64.com's Windows x64 Blogs: http://www.extended64.com/Blogs/

    Ryan Hoffman [Extended64.com], May 25, 2005
  9. Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]

    Juan Jansen Guest

    Hi Mike...

    Its saying 180 days in the email

    Greetings

    Juan Jansen

    Juan Jansen, May 25, 2005
  10. Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]

    NNBXX Guest

    Both the EULA and winver say 120 days.

    Just installed it :)

    Regards,

    Jean-Baptiste

    NNBXX, May 25, 2005
  11. Thanks Jean - so it is a 120 day as per the web page.

    Juan, if the e-mail is incorrect can you forward me an obviously edited
    copy of the mail - thanks

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], May 25, 2005
  12. Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]

    NNBXX Guest

    You're welcome, Mike :)

    Thank you for giving us the opportunity to try x64-final for free.

    Regards,

    Jean-Baptiste

    NNBXX, May 25, 2005
  13. Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]

    Juan Jansen Guest

    Hi Mike,

    Here's the email

    Greetings

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], May 25, 2005
  15. Mike, I hope this doesn't hold up the emails, as a typo of the number of
    days for the demo is no biggy. I have been waiting about an hour to get my
    email, and still ... nothing thus far.

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, May 25, 2005
  16. I think most people will buy XP x64 within the first few hours of using the
    trial.. it just rocks ;-).

    Ryan Hoffman [Extended64.com], May 25, 2005
  17. Mike Brannigan [MSFT] wrote:
    -snip
    - does the EULA or the time
    Mike, here is what the EULA says:

    " 1.2 Limited License/Time Sensitive Software.
    YOUR RIGHT TO USE THE SOFTWARE SHALL BE
    EFFECTIVE FROM THE DATE YOU FIRST INSTALL THE
    SOFTWARE ON ANY DEVICE FOR A PERIOD OF ONE
    HUNDRED TWENTY (120) DAYS. THE SOFTWARE IS
    TIME SENSITIVE AND MAY NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY
    UPON EXPIRATION OF THE 120-DAY PERIOD. YOU
    NEED TO PLAN FOR THE EXPIRATION DATE AND MAKE
    A COPY OF AND REMOVE YOUR IMPORTANT DATA
    BEFORE THE EXPIRATION DATE."

    So, that part is ok. :)

    Wayne Wastier, May 25, 2005
  18. Wayne,

    Excellent - Thanks.
    My case is now complete. I will request a change in the e-mail.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], May 25, 2005
  19. Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]

    James Park Guest

    I isntalled the trial yesterday and typing winver shows that it will expire
    9/21/2005 (120 days).

    James Park, May 25, 2005
  20. Thanks James.

    --