  1. Aunty Kreist

    Aunty Kreist Guest

    I couldn't agree with you more on this.

    Aunty Kreist, Jan 21, 2005

  2. Aunty Kreist

    Aunty Kreist Guest

    And that is fine However; it is *not* fine when you _tell_ people what they
    believe, like you recently did to our Pip.

    You are seriously not insinuating that Peterson became a killer because his
    Mommy didn't take good care of him, are you?

    Oh dear.

    Are you OK? Seriously?

    My facts are straight, Johnny-dear. The fact is that I will believe what I
    want, when I want, and there's nothing you nor your anti-choice agenda can
    do about it. Whether it be _informing_ me what you feel my opinion should
    be, whether it's another bizarre Xian rant by you, whatever. No matter what
    tactic you badly try to employ, the fact remains that you simply cannot
    control the beliefs, thoughts, and actions of others.

    Yes, I do. You have a problem with that?

    No, your reasoning is stupid.
    Well...there's one thing we agree on. If a person decides that they no
    longer want to carry a parasite, it's an INDIVIDUAL decision, and no one
    elses.

    Oh, the rhetorical armchair psychologist. How witty. If only every other
    troll on usenet hadn't already tried this overused tactic.

    Look in the mirror; you'll see it on yer head, Big Mac!

    Are you also one of those weird fetishists? Man, you guys are creepy.

    Because typically, it's nuts that are doing it.

    Aunty Kreist, Jan 21, 2005

  3. Aunty Kreist

    Aunty Kreist Guest

    Dying of laughter here!

    I'm sorry if I and others have gotten him all worked up! He's just so easy
    to rattle...has to respond to every comment. But, he's getting the typical
    hazing every fundie that spouts crappola gets. Is this something he does all
    the time?

    Aunty Kreist, Jan 21, 2005
  4. Aunty Kreist

    Noah Roberts Guest

    What if he used an electroprobe mind control device?

    Noah Roberts, Jan 21, 2005
  5. Aunty Kreist

    Noah Roberts Guest

    And we are indebted to you for your forsight and providing us with such
    educational material indeed.

    Noah Roberts, Jan 21, 2005
  6. I thought that a more recent one of the major religions of the world has
    an answer as to when a fetus (or embryo) receives a soul... I have heard
    that Islam teaches that the answer is a month after conception.

    (Not that I support any activities by some Muslims or opinions arguably by
    a larger percentage of Muslims that non-Muslims use to give Islam a bad
    name...)

    Now this: One tactic of anti-abortionists is targeting those seeking
    early abortions to delay their abortions to a time when their fetuses are
    more arguably soul-bearing humans or when barriers imposed by law
    increase...

    How about Operation Rescue having at least one noted sidetrack...
    launching a boycott against Disney for being excessively pro-gay... I
    remember when Disney went to court to defend a ban on same-gender couples
    dancing where couples would be expected to dance!

    - Don Klipstein ()

    Don Klipstein, Jan 21, 2005
  7. I, as a pro-choicer, would allow for neural complexity at the 10th
    percentile of the stupidest species of primates studied due to having
    some mental characteristics like those of humans. Guessing about 4-5
    months of gestation, possibly as little as 3.
    And permit abortion until birth if abortion is delayed past that point
    in whole or in part by any traceable efforts of the pro-lifers, with cost
    overruns caused by such a delay to be paid by the taxpayers or better
    still if possible by the pro-lifers that delay an abortion to a time that
    its cost has increased.

    - Don Klipstein ()

    Don Klipstein, Jan 21, 2005
  8. As Mad magazine said it roughly 20 years or maybe a bit more ago, "life
    begins when she takes her bra off". (I may not remember exactly
    word-for-word for this.)

    - Don Klipstein ()

    Don Klipstein, Jan 21, 2005
  9. Aunty Kreist

    Noah Roberts Guest

    The term "liberal" gets thrown around a lot and it seems most people
    don't know what it means. Being a liberal is not a bad thing:

    lib·er·al ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lbr-l, lbrl)
    adj.

    1.
    1. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or
    authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
    2. Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for
    progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.
    3. Of, relating to, or characteristic of liberalism.
    4. Liberal Of, designating, or characteristic of a political
    party founded on or associated with principles of social and political
    liberalism, especially in Great Britain, Canada, and the United States.

    lib·er·al·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lbr--lzm, lbr-)
    n.

    1. The state or quality of being liberal.
    2.
    1. A political theory founded on the natural goodness of
    humans and the autonomy of the individual and favoring civil and
    political liberties, government by law with the consent of the governed,
    and protection from arbitrary authority.
    2. often Liberalism The tenets or policies of a Liberal party.
    3. An economic theory in favor of laissez-faire, the free market,
    and the gold standard.
    4. Liberalism
    1. A 19th-century Protestant movement that favored free
    intellectual inquiry, stressed the ethical and humanitarian content of
    Christianity, and de-emphasized dogmatic theology.
    2. A 19th-century Roman Catholic movement that favored
    political democracy and ecclesiastical reform but was theologically
    orthodox.

    Noah Roberts, Jan 21, 2005
  10. I oppose - who has heard the saying (give or take a bit
    word-for-word) "Why should we kill people who kill people in order to say
    that killing people is wrong?"

    Better still - how about a fate worse than death!

    Life in prison - maybe better still in an adequately strong birdcage in
    front of City Hall or the most popular entrance of the nearest shopping
    mall! Lunch and dinner for the inmate are spaghetti with tomato sauce, of
    the brand "Dave's Gourmet".

    As in the most famous tomato sauce of the most famous "Dave's Gourmet"
    brand is actually a hot sauce, something like close to 90% maybe
    more tomato sauce and a few percent hot pepper extract - to an extent
    making that stuff roughly twice as hot as the hottest habanero peppers!
    A few percent "oleoresin capsicum" is getting into the league of
    self-defense pepper sprays!

    Drink an ounce of "Dave's Insanity" sauce (appears to me like roughly
    90-95% tomato sauce), and I believe (from experience) that you will think
    that you have TWO BIG PROBLEMS!

    Problem 1: You're going to die.
    Problem 2: Not quickly enough!

    (Effects include painful spasms of at least some and maybe most parts of
    the digestive system that has muscle tissue!)

    Breakfast for the inmate serving the ultimate sentence is worst case
    bad coffee, eggs, milk and orange juice and cereal mixed together then
    cooked. I do speak from experience that the worst coffee sold by the
    greasy spoon with the reputation for worst coffee (even worse than McD's)
    can be worsened by cheap strong spicy pepperoni, even if bad enough to be
    improved by Mountain Dew, grapefruit juice, ketchup, chocolate milk, or
    even adding chocolate milk and grapefruit juice and seeing the resulting
    curdling occur!

    One thing I want to see: A USA Supreme Court decision that punishment
    barely severely enough to achieve an "adequate" deterrent is *not*
    unconstitutionally cruel/unusual punishment!
    How about 2 weeks delivering pizzas by bicycle in northern Minnesota in
    January 60 hours per week upon conviction of the pettiest theft that
    anyone would bring to court? Or spend Friday evening through Sunday
    afternoon in a human-size birdcage in front of the most popular entrance
    of ther nearest major shopping mall - maybe even with nothing to eat or
    drink but prune juice - "You get to leave 3 hours after drinking a gallon
    of prune juice within 2 hours - with no bathroom breaks!"

    How much theft of physical property occurs in China, where a second
    offense is punishable by surgical removal of one hand? And how much
    lower a percentage of their population is currently imprisoned or
    otherwise being punished for theft than is the case in the USA?

    - Don Klipstein ()

    Don Klipstein, Jan 21, 2005
  11. I hear of enough robbers who would kill intended victims for resisting
    being robbed.
    I propose that robbers proven to be posessing a deadly weapon when
    committing a robbery suffer the highest sentence that is below that for a
    lower degree of murderer. I think one winter of delivering pizzas by
    bicycle in Yellowknife (Canada northwest territories) 55 hours per week
    may be adequate.

    Actually killing someone with a deadly weapon while committing a robbery
    I would count as a higher grade of murder. Even if you raised the weapon
    deliberately but did the actual killing accidentally or subconsciously!
    My proposed sentence: Imprisonment for 20 years with bad food (but make
    the food good enough to allow a turn for even worse in the case of bad
    inmate behavior in prison), along with restricted visitation and a
    specific denial of "conjugal visits" and of any "right" to reproduce!

    ----------------------

    Pennsylvania law says that if someone commits a murder while committing
    another felony (such as robbery, rape or kidnapping) then the murder is a
    "second degree murder". There is only one sentence in PA for second
    degree murder - life without parole! (Exception - when approved by
    the "Governor's Board of Pardons" or "commuted" by the governor, which is
    very politically incorrect nowadays and happens something like twice a
    decade statewide!) Shame that some showboating "law-and-order" DAs and
    AGs in PA try to make people think things are more lenient (telling
    criminals that punishment is less?), and even push hard for "first degree
    murder" charges when the defendant is obviously (to the extent guilty of
    any crime) guilty of second degree murder!

    - Don Klipstein ()

    Don Klipstein, Jan 21, 2005
  12. Definition by humans! What is God's definition? And as spoken by God
    as opposed to humans who believe they have correctly heard God's word?

    And what is said by the human believed by a major religion to be God
    temporarily descending to Earth? I believe the bible mentions at least
    one incident where he stopped an execution prescribed by at least one
    older part of the bible...

    - Don Klipstein ()

    Don Klipstein, Jan 21, 2005
  13. Aunty Kreist

    keith Guest

    Well, fukin' duh! Words *are* sorta "defined" by humans. If you want to
    have a rational debate it is helpful not to redefine the words in the
    middle of the deebate though.
    Don't be stupid. The issue is whether capital punishment is murder,
    which it obviously is not given the definition of "murder".

    keith, Jan 21, 2005
  14. Aunty Kreist

    keith Guest

    Better still; can you name a better solution for recitivism?

    <snip>

    keith, Jan 21, 2005
  15. Aunty Kreist

    Parse Tree Guest

    I hate zombie processes. I remember getting zombie processes a while
    back on a Linux box in such a way that it required me to reboot it in
    order to get rid of them.

    I think NFS was involved somehow.

    Anyway, have they fixed it so that zombie processes can always be killed
    and whatnot? I've personally never noticed any such thing on Solaris, so
    I can't really believe that it's unsolvable.

    Parse Tree, Jan 21, 2005
  16. Aunty Kreist

    Parse Tree Guest

    I'll do it, but it'll have to be done in a sunny place so that it can
    double as my vacation.

    Parse Tree, Jan 21, 2005
  17. Aunty Kreist

    Parse Tree Guest

    The definition varies from culture to culture, but it's usually around
    age 18 or so.

    Parse Tree, Jan 21, 2005
  18. Aunty Kreist

    Parse Tree Guest

    No, I'm arguing that it stops being a biological parasite when it can
    survive on its own. The law defines humanity as happening at around 18
    or so.
    Indeed!

    Parse Tree, Jan 21, 2005
  19. Aunty Kreist

    Parse Tree Guest

    It would be parasitic on some mechanical device, then.

    Parse Tree, Jan 21, 2005
  20. Aunty Kreist

    Parse Tree Guest

    I think Paul Martin is a bit too stupid to merely be unconscious.

    Parse Tree, Jan 21, 2005