    It works great, and now I've set it as my default program for viewing
    pdf files it is called by my browser as necessary and has speeded things
    up enormously.

    Livewire, Jul 18, 2005

  2. Livewire

    old jon Guest

    Glad to have helped. best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Jul 18, 2005

  3. Here's a question.
    I noticed that this publisher offers a spiffier version of Foxit that
    allows the user to retrieve text from a .pdf file. So, I went to Acrobat
    to doublecheck this -- in the past, I wasn't able to highlight text.
    However, on closer inspection, I did find a menu item that allows the
    user to "select all." So, I was able to highlight entire humungous
    25-page document, which went nicely into Clipboard and pasted properly
    into Wordpad. Well, it's pretty klutzy -- and imagine if it was a
    100-page .pdf: we'd probably be overloading the buffer.

    So, does Foxit allow any text capturing?

    Richard

    Richard Steinfeld, Jul 18, 2005
  4. Livewire

    Livewire Guest

    Yes the current version does -- just copy and paste as with any other
    prog.

    But remember that when Acrobat files are created there is the option to
    ban copy and pasting, or printing. So if you can't copy and paste, it
    could well be the file rather than Foxit.

    Livewire, Jul 18, 2005
  5. ....and another:

    Does anyone else have problems printing from Foxit? I can sometimes
    print with no problems, but more often than not the program crashes.
    If it weren't for this, I'd uninstall Acrobat :-\

    GlintingHedgehog, Jul 19, 2005
  6. Livewire

    pcbutts1 Guest

    No, I do not else have problems printing from foxit.
    Just how often?
    It's not hard to sit back and watch someone suffer.

    pcbutts1, Jul 19, 2005
  7. Livewire

    Karl Engel Guest

    I was the recent poster who was having problems with PDFs; a number
    recommended using Foxit, which I've installed.

    Only problem is - word docs containing jpeg logos that I've converted to PDF
    with an Adobe Word toolbar plugin - display in Foxit with the jpegs UPSIDE
    DOWN! Open them with Adobe and they look fine.

    Karl Engel, Jul 20, 2005
  8. Livewire

    Mike Andrade Guest

    Ok. So email the author of foxit and tell him/her/them about it.
    He/She/They have been actively developing foxit and would probably
    appreciate the heads up.

    --
    Mike
    disinclination to do so."