    n the meantime, have fun, remember that the only stupid questions are
    the ones you don't ask when you should, and keep soaking up all the
    wisdom on offer here (tinh).

    Max Quordlepleen, Aug 31, 2003

  2. Raine

    Raine Guest

    Apologies to all.
    I've got bogged down with all this, Max, I still don't know why things
    are not as they should be. I've changed settings, put back the *>*, hit
    reply group to answer Trout, got the posting I did in the wrong part of
    the thread, as a reult, I didn't copy and paste it.
    I'm more than a little bemused by it all now.
    I've done all I was advised to do, so what is left? A hammer, or a
    complete brain transplant? ;o)
    Raine.

    Raine, Aug 31, 2003

  3. Raine

    Patrick Guest

    I had noticed in one of your posts that the '>' thingy was 'up the creek'.
    From my 'Point Of View', at this time, I cannot see anything wrong with your
    post.

    Patrick, Aug 31, 2003
  4. Raine

    Raine Guest

    Thanks Patrick.
    *>* was a trial, I took it out to see if it mattered or not, and since
    it so obviously does, I put it back. But, I still have that hammer ..
    (__)====l .. at the ready. ;o)
    Raine.

    Raine, Aug 31, 2003
  5. Raine

    Patrick Guest

    Give this link a try (freebie fings)
    http://www.magicm.com/stressrelief.html

    Or for one particular thing (you mentioned hammer)
    http://magicm.com/programs/stress.exe

    Patrick, Aug 31, 2003
  6. Raine

    Patrick Guest

    Patrick, Aug 31, 2003
  7. Raine

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Aug 31, 2003
  8. Raine

    Unknown Guest

    clicking OK and Apply?
    Can I point something out here, please?
    I really don't understand a thing about *wrapping text*, so I can only
    follow your instructions as you advise me too. You told me how to change
    the setting, so I did, but still it's wrong. I agree something is amiss,
    but I haven't a clue what, or even how to put it right.
    I really wish I did!
    Perhaps I should take up knitting, at least there if I make a mistake I
    can always put it right. ;o)
    Raine.

    Unknown, Aug 31, 2003
  9. Raine

    Raine Guest

    Raine, Aug 31, 2003
  10. Raine

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome. You might want to consider something else, if you
    decide to stick with Outlook Express. Your version is out of date.

    It should read:

    To update, install the cumulative updates:

    April 2003, Cumulative Patch for Outlook Express (330994)
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/330994/default.asp

    June 2003, Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer (818529)
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/818529/default.asp

    °Mike°, Aug 31, 2003
  11. Raine

    Raine Guest

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/818529/default.asp

    Inetcomm.dll was installed to change the build no : .... 1123, because
    of little red x's appearing on trying to duplicate images in OE6.
    Inetcomm.dll solved the problems I was having, if I change the build
    number to the one you suggest .. i.e. 1158 will it create more problems
    within the Stationery I use? I really do not want those red x's back.
    Q330994 was un-installed from the computer because I was told to delete
    it thus solving the tilde problem I had. Tilde still sits on my desktop,
    since I average 2 emails a week incoming it isn't a problem, I delete
    tilde as it appears. What will re-installing Q330994 give me?
    I see where you're coming from Mike, but I have got wary of installing
    updates from Microsoft because of the many little *bugs* that seem to
    come from them.

    Raine.

    Raine, Aug 31, 2003
  12. Raine

    °Mike° Guest

    Q330994 is a 'critical' update to the Oct. 2002 cumulative update, which
    addressed an unchecked buffer vulnerability issue, and should be installed.
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;330994

    The red x's will not come back, and the tilde problem is still being worked
    on by MS, apparently.

    °Mike°, Aug 31, 2003
  13. Raine

    Raine Guest

    I went to Microsoft to install the updates and they tell me all updates
    are already installed.

    I know Q330994 isn't so I assume the others aren't either, so how do I
    get round it, please?

    Raine.

    Raine, Aug 31, 2003
  14. Raine

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Aug 31, 2003

  15. I think you've just discovered the hard way why so many regular Usenet
    posters avoid OE. Mike has provided you with the links for 3 excellent
    alternatives, and there is a whole newsgroup just for helping with
    issues relating to newsreader software - if you get stuck try there as
    well. Almost no one in that group uses OE, though, no more than about
    10%, much less than in other groups.

    Max Quordlepleen, Aug 31, 2003
  16. Raine

    Raine Guest

    Raine, Sep 1, 2003
  17. Raine

    Raine Guest

    I know nothing whatsoever about other newsreaders, yet, but when I can
    find the time I will check some out, In the meantime I will manage with
    what I have, but thanks for pointing it out.
    Raine.

    Raine, Sep 1, 2003

  18. There's no rush, Raine, it's important for you to find your feet first.
    Just know that changing to a new client is not as intimidating or
    difficult as you might think. Even in this group, there are many, like
    °Mike°, who use good clients, so that if (or when) you decide it's time
    to try a proper client, you'll get expert help.

    Max Quordlepleen, Sep 1, 2003
  19. Raine

    Boomer.. Guest

    Boomer.., Sep 1, 2003