    firmware or are there any Gotchas??

    TIA

    Tim..

    Tim.., Dec 19, 2007

  2. Tim..

    PeeGee Guest

    Download an upgrade and the recovery utility from the netgear website
    and follow the instructions.

    PeeGee
    --
    The reply address is a spam trap. All mail is reported as spam.
    to be removed from a computer easily."

    PeeGee, Dec 19, 2007

  3. Tim..

    Tim.. Guest

    Thanks for that- do I treat the router as a Ver1, Ver2 or Ver3 when
    selecting the firmware then??

    Tim..

    Tim.., Dec 19, 2007
  4. Tim..

    PeeGee Guest

    Are there different versions? The Netgear website doesn't reference
    different versions for the 834GT, only for the 834 and 834G (at least, I
    didn't find any). The downloads section also only offers one download
    for each firmware upgrade on the 834GT page.

    The recovery utility only mentions the 834 and 834G but does work with
    the 834GT.

    PeeGee

    PeeGee, Dec 20, 2007
  5. Tim..

    Tim.. Guest

    Many thanks!! Will have a go at Bricking it! (not)

    tim..

    Tim.., Dec 20, 2007