re dsl setup/miniport

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by velcz, Apr 19, 2005.

  1. velcz

    velcz Guest

    hi
    i have been havinig problems with setting up a usb modem (zoom usb) and have
    had a lot of help of this newsgroup so i thought i would post the solution i
    found to my problem ie getting computor to see the usb modem

    install modem software
    turn off comp
    plug modem in
    turn on comp
    set up network
    open device manager
    find zoom usb network adapter under modems and update the driver from there
    when it has been updated the usb modem appears under the usb controlers
    then open the zoom control panel and configure the user name and password
    etc
    the key factor seems to be the update driver part from the device
    manager,the comp did not see it until i did this.
    maybe this method could help with configuring othe usb modems anyway it
    worked for mine
    thanks again for all the help old fartus mike and others
    goodby from me, on my new computer
    velc

    velcz, Apr 19, 2005