RDP, Port 3389 & Remote Ass Invitations - HELP

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by BigAl.NZ, Jan 27, 2008.

  1. BigAl.NZ

    BigAl.NZ Guest

    Hi Guys,

    I have a PC which I have the use the WinXP RDP server on, and also a
    3rd party viewer - both use 3389, and when using one i turn the other
    off.

    The other day I had cause to "send a remote assistance invite" from my
    PC. Now I can use the 3rd party app - it complains about not being
    able to bind to 3389.

    Of course a check with fport shows that 3389 is being used by svchost.
    So I went into services and did some fiddling with Terminal Services.

    Now my 3rd party app works, but I cant remote into my PC!!

    (Yes I have allow users to connect remotely and I am one of those
    users).

    Terminal Services is set to Started/Manual.

    Any ideas?

    Cheers

    -Al

    BigAl.NZ, Jan 27, 2008