    a RAW image and a minimum compression JPEG image? Any advice would be
    much appreciated. Thanks.

    Ken

    kjk, Jan 1, 2004

  2. kjk

    JoeT Guest

    I think the minimum compression JPEG is your best bet. I assume that
    astrophotography is done at night and JPEG will do well in compressing all
    that dark sky. You will get more images to the disk and the results will be
    just fine. I think RAW is best for a well lit detailed image such as a
    flower garden ... but only if you need every pixel.

    JoeT, Jan 1, 2004

  3. Stacking and averaging linear gamma Raws is probably superior to almost
    any other approach. You may also want to check out :
    http://aberrator.astronomy.net/registax/ .

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jan 1, 2004