    Granted the C-5060W is not a state-of-the-art digital SLR, so I would like to know if the
    Olympus C-8080 or E1 have a better record in this respect.

    Thanks to all.

    RD Munger, Jul 9, 2004

  2. RD Munger

    deimos Guest

    dpreview.com

    You'll find better media make a big difference in write speed. Also,
    RAW is faster than TIFF (total time).

    deimos, Jul 10, 2004

  3. RD Munger

    Alfred Molon Guest

    It's a sad story.

    The Olympus 5050 is capable of writing to a fast CF card at 2.5 MByte/s,
    thereby storing a RAW image in 3 seconds.

    Then Olympus decided to reduce this speed in the 5060 and 8080. The 5060
    tops out at 1MB/s, the 8080 only at 0.9MB/s. The person at Olympus who
    took this design decision should be shot.

    The E1 instead is capable of writing to the memory card at 3.5MByte/s.

    Alfred Molon, Jul 10, 2004
  4. RD Munger

    RD Munger Guest

    Thank you, Alfred for the information!