    Can anyone help?

    Thanks

    Alex C

    alex, Apr 12, 2006

  2. alex

    tomm42 Guest

    Get Adobe PS Elements, the current Adobe Raw will open it. Pixmantic
    (sp?) Raw Shooter Essentials is a free program that will open the Canon
    file. RAW files are a propretary format for each camera. If Corel can
    handle it it will be as a separate functions in the program, not just
    open. With Photoshop and a D200 Nikon you get Bridge which will open
    the thumbnails, double click on the thumbnail and Adobe Raw opens the
    file, save your adjustments and then open in Photoshop. Working with a
    Raw file is alot like developing film. What do you have against RAW
    Shooter? Not the best Raw processor but very functional from what I
    understand.

    Tom

    tomm42, Apr 13, 2006

  3. alex

    Helen Guest

    Why attempt to reinvent the wheel? And anyway, what's wrong with
    RawShooter? Essentials, priced at zero (in any currency) is probably the
    best value software ever released, and there are numerous other RAW
    development packages around. Canon DPP, also free, is also now pretty damn
    good. Both are, IMHO, superior to the overpriced C1 Pro, for example, which
    I now rarely use because I think it's falling behind, and certainly more
    logical than that silly Bibble thing or Silky Pix. I'm a busy professional,
    I have them all, and yet I return constantly to either the free or the
    cheapest products.
    Helen.

    Helen, Apr 13, 2006