    DXO and RSE which do not). Does anyone know if Adobe has solved this
    problem in CS2?

    Thanks

    winhag, Oct 4, 2005

  2. I have yet to see this problem.

    And, just because a word ends in "s" doesn't mean that you use an
    apostrophe.

    Randall Ainsworth, Oct 4, 2005

  3. winhag

    winhag Guest

    Try converting an image shot at night with bright traffic lights. You
    may see an unnatural transition or halo around the light at high
    magnification (sorry about the incorrect apostrohe typo). I have seen
    this effect also in day shots where there is a bright white hard edge
    object that seems to get a brownish/reddish 'halo' or transition band
    around it. It doesn't happen all the time and is not incredibly
    blatant, but it is definately there. I thought at first it was some
    inevitable consequence of the Bayer pattern, until I saw that not all
    RAW converters did it.

    winhag, Oct 4, 2005
  4. winhag

    Ed Ruf Guest

    Have you eliminated the possibility this could be an artifact of over
    sharpening?
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Oct 4, 2005
  5. winhag

    Conrad Guest

    Hi,

    I tend to notice haloing more when I use (or, overuse) the Shadows and
    Highlights command - particularly with landscapes.

    Best,

    Conrad

    Conrad, Oct 4, 2005
  6. Dont you ever make typo's? He didn't write object's you know.

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Oct 4, 2005
  7. Hmm... is the apostrophe key anywhere near the 's' key?

    Ian

    Digital Photography Now, Oct 4, 2005
  8. winhag

    winhag Guest

    These are not sharpening halos.

    winhag, Oct 4, 2005
  9. "I know what to do when a bill is due."

    But sometimes, when I am typing fast for a newsgroup post, I write:

    "I know what to due when a bill is do."

    This happens because people are thinking about the subject rather than
    the spelling or correct word. It just happens.

    If you don't make mistakes, then so be it, but nitpicking others
    punctuation, especially when he *clearly* knows what it should be, is
    just plain vindictive.

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Oct 4, 2005
  10. winhag

    Gormless Guest

    What a cheap and very unnecessary comment, you patronising bugger.
    You must be a very very busy person indeed if you spend your time correcting
    such errors in NG postings.
    Get a life.

    Gormless, Oct 4, 2005