Random Crashes and Lockups

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Leo, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Leo

    Leo Guest

    AMD Athlon Thunderbird 800 Mhz
    128 MB PC2100 DDR RAM
    nVidia ASUS V7100 Series GeForce 2 MX 32 MB
    Maxtor 30 GB HD 7200 ATA100 Diamond Series
    Pioneer DVD-ROM 16X40
    Plextor PlexWriter 12X10X32A
    Creative Soundblaster Live! Value
    NEC MultiSync 77F 17 inch monitor
    Lucent Win Modem
    3.5 MB floppy disk drive
    Memorex Multimedia keyboard
    AOpen O-35G two wheel mouse
    Enlight case

    My computer keeps fully shutting down without warning or occasionally
    locks up while I am in Windows. When it locks up in Windows, it
    totally freezes up with no POST beeping or BSODs. My motherboard does
    beep when I boot it up. I just replaced my power supply for an Enermax
    350W Model EG365P-VE, so I don't think the power supply is the problem
    anymore. The new power supply has two fans in it; one on the bottom
    and one exhaust fan, so I don't believe there is a heat issue. I think
    the motherboard may be at issue since I've tried switching the RAM
    between slots, along with trying different sticks of RAM (2).

    Am I right about this? Do you folks have any idea what else may be
    wrong?

    Thanks,

    Leo

    Leo, Jul 16, 2003