    /Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

    ~misfit~, Oct 11, 2012

  2. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Hmmm, doesn't sound great.

    I ordered one that just has one eSATA port (as that's all I'll use at a
    time) and is also recessed so I hope that *it* doesn't run hot. I almost
    exclusively use my main laptop on mains power so battery life isn't an
    issue. However heat is, I like to have it as cool running as possible
    (hopefully to extend it's working life).

    ~misfit~, Oct 11, 2012

  3. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Yep. This thing supports IPv6 so I'm all good there.

    ~misfit~, Oct 11, 2012
  4. ~misfit~

    Enkidu Guest

    Maaate! That's a side effect of advancing age anyway. Why do you think
    the oldies always talk about the past? It's because they can't remember
    the present!

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Oct 11, 2012
  5. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    LOL, excellent point mate, excellent point. Add in four times daily doses of
    morphine as well as benzodiazapienes at night (sleeping while in pain's a
    bitch) *and* prn for anxiety and sometimes I forget why I went into a
    particular room.....

    Who're you then? <g>

    ~misfit~, Oct 12, 2012
  6. ~misfit~

    Gordon Guest

    However you can remember all the things you did while on the way there.

    Now, on a much more serious matter. Benzodiazapienes is a drug which has
    messed many people's life up. Taken long term one becomes addicted to them,
    and getting off them is a battle which makes giving up smoking, or alcohol
    for the alcoholic seem like a walk in the park.

    The bodys tolerance builds up and then you need more, then alcohol is used in
    every increasing amounts to supplument the benzos.

    They alter the chemistry of the brain on a permermant basis, if taken long
    term.

    Anyhow that slight rave is to make misfit aware of the need to study benzos,
    to be informed about them.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine_withdrawal_syndrome is as good
    a place as any to start.

    Gordon, Oct 12, 2012
  7. ~misfit~

    bugalugs Guest

    Hell I have that problem too and I'm not on any medication

    bugalugs, Oct 12, 2012
  8. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Thanks for your concern Gordon. I'm well aware of their effects and I have
    in fact (voluntarily) reduced the amount that I take over the last couple of
    years (as opposed to increasing it). However I still need them, mostly to
    get to sleep but also for my anxiety. If 'they' hadn't banned barbituates
    I'd have a choice, instead of taking two Benzos I could take one of each.
    Alas....

    Thanks again. :)

    ~misfit~, Oct 12, 2012
  9. ~misfit~

    Gordon Guest

    I realise you are between a rock and a hard place. As long as one knows of
    the side affects, I have to respect your choice, for I am not in your body.

    Live long and prosper.

    Gordon, Oct 13, 2012
  10. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Thank you kindly good sir - again, I very much appreciate the concern. :)
    Yeah, it's not an easy decision. Damned if you do and all that....

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Oct 13, 2012