    ram.. Im hesitant to make that jump. Any ideas as to why my pc will not
    register the 2nd chip ?

    Thanks in advance.

    2yngforthis, Jan 3, 2005

  2. 2yngforthis

    Thagor Guest

    Yep. Wrong ram.

    Thagor, Jan 3, 2005

  3. 2yngforthis

    Drifter Guest

    Some types of RAM simply do not "play well" together. I always try to
    buy my RAM in matched sets, or at least in the same brand.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."

    Drifter, Jan 3, 2005
  4. 2yngforthis

    2yngforthis Guest

    I came to the same conclusion so i went and bought 2 chips of Kingston 512
    sticks
    and my pc would not even boot when they were installed.... Anyone have this
    mb
    with upgraded ram ? I'm weary of which chips to buy.

    2yngforthis, Jan 3, 2005
  5. 2yngforthis

    Thor Guest

    Crucial matched compatible memory for your MSI 6390 motherboard.

    http://tinyurl.com/5ypnr

    If the ones crucial recommends do not work in your system, then I would
    suspect something wrong with your board.

    Thor, Jan 3, 2005