    Does a RAID hardware setup recognise USB/Firewire connections for backup
    purposes ?

    Thanks.

    Dennis, Sep 1, 2003

  2. Dennis

    Suenet Guest

    The drive array has nothing to do with backup hardware.

    Suenet, Sep 1, 2003

  3. Dennis

    Dennis Guest

    I read somewhere that dynamic disks don't recognise USB/firewire.

    Is this correct ? Can RAID be set up on basic disks in XP Pro ?

    Dennis, Sep 1, 2003
  4. Dennis

    Suenet Guest

    Where did you read that? Isn't it the other way around? Doesn't your
    backup device need to see your dynamic array?
    You mean like a software Mirror RAID? If I recall correctly, you could not
    do it in Windows 2000 Pro so I doubt it can be done in XP pro.

    Suenet, Sep 1, 2003
  5. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In Suenet <> typed
    || On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 13:28:39 -0400, Dennis wrote:
    ||| I read somewhere that dynamic disks don't recognise USB/firewire.
    || Where did you read that? Isn't it the other way around? Doesn't your
    || backup device need to see your dynamic array?
    ||| Is this correct ? Can RAID be set up on basic disks in XP Pro ?
    || You mean like a software Mirror RAID? If I recall correctly, you
    || could not do it in Windows 2000 Pro so I doubt it can be done in XP
    || pro.

    Ah, actually it *can* be done in Win2k.

    Robert de Brus, Sep 1, 2003