Radio play; Nigerian scam and secret service

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Whiskers, Apr 14, 2007.

  1. Whiskers

    Whiskers Guest

    Well worth listening to, in my opinion:

    The Saturday Play
    Saturday 2.30-3.30pm
    Thrillers, mysteries, love stories and detective fiction, as well as
    an occasional special series.

    Saturday 14 April 2007
    Scam
    By John Arden

    Cressida Owlglass has just discovered information technology. Beguiled
    by the novelty of cyber-magic, she finds herself facing a new kind of
    challenge when a dubious email lands in her inbox. She goes in pursuit
    of her anonymous correspondent, but the game takes a dark turn.
    With Kika Markham, Deborah Findlay, Emma Amos, Neil Dudgeon.

    <http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/arts/saturday_play.shtml> or go straight to
    the RealPlayer stream <rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/radio4/arts/saturday_play.ra>

    Whiskers, Apr 14, 2007

  2. Whiskers

    Len Guest

    You will have more fun on the 419eaters web site.

    Len, Apr 14, 2007

  3. Whiskers

    Tester Guest

    On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:40:51 +0100, Whiskers

    [BBC Radio 4 play on a 419 scam]
    The Oprah Winfrey syndicated TV talk show in the U.S. had a show
    Friday on scams. I only see a trailer for the show on www.oprah.com
    but there are a 17 web pages.

    Page 2 is about snail mail from Nigeria, using names harvested from
    phone books. I've hear the USPIS office at JFK airport puts some
    suspicious mail under ultraviolet light to make sure that the stamps
    are real.

    Tester, Apr 14, 2007