    results are posted at http://community.webshots.com/user/dmots. See the
    backyard wildlife album. The Alaska pictures were taken last year using the
    Sony. The Caribbean in the river was taken using the 15x zoom handheld.

    Jim Motsinger, Dec 26, 2003

  2. Jim Motsinger

    DHB Guest

    Jim Motsinger,
    I have been considering something similar but not
    for use with my (DSLR Digital Rebel/300D) but rather for a much less
    inexpensive digital camera that I can place in a waterproof housing
    reasonably close to the feeder & remotely trigger it.

    Am wondering why you decided to leave your Digital Rebel/300D in auto
    focus mode for these pictures? Seems to me that the distance to the bird
    feeder is fixed, so why not manually focus & leave it focused at that
    distance? Can't argue with your result & I thank you for sharing both your
    photographic results & technical information here for those like me who are
    interested in such things.

    I'm even considering adding a tiny near IR sensitive camera into the
    roof of a bird house to watch & record there activity both day & night
    thanks to a few near IR LEDs to invisibly illuminate the inside of the bird
    house at night. There are lots of automated ways I could get it to record
    video segments when there is activity within. It sure would be nice to
    record the birth & growth of a baby bird!

    Thanks again for sharing your pictures & information.

    Respectfully, DHB

    DHB, Dec 26, 2003