rackmount server, closet

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dan Irwin, Feb 22, 2004.

  1. Dan Irwin

    Dan Irwin Guest

    hi,

    i just inhreted a new desk and on the side it has a cabinet which i
    saw was
    19.5 high, 27 deep, 12 across. I was thinking, can i put a
    rackmount(it seems like up to 6u in theory) sever if i fliped the
    whole thing on its side so all of the were vertial instead of
    horizantal(like books on a bookshelf rather then in a stack). This
    would give me an easey place to put things like my file server, my
    home automation server and so on. Does any1 make an encloseure like
    this though?

    thx for the help,

    dan

    ps.

    can someone point me to a better board to post to?

    Dan Irwin, Feb 22, 2004