Quoting original messages in replies

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by John Coxon, Apr 14, 2004.

  1. John Coxon

    John Coxon Guest

    Hi, I want to know if it was possible to change what the quote header says
    in replies by going into options and changing a setting as opposed to
    changing it manually every time you reply to something.

    Is this possible and if so how can I do it?

    --
    John Coxon

    Random quote:
    Gossip is when you hear something you like about someone you don't.

    E-mail:
    johnc.coxon(a)virgin.net

    My website:
    http://alphacentauri.8k.com

    My blog:
    http://www.livejournal.com/~johncoxon

    Missing footnotes:
    http://www.nut.house.cx/cgi-bin/nemwiki.pl?ISFN

    John Coxon, Apr 14, 2004

  2. See http://www.holgermetzger.de/efaqmailnews.html#6

    Even though it refers to Netscape, it applies equally to Mozilla.

    Caffeine Junkie, Apr 14, 2004

  3. John Coxon

    John Coxon Guest

    So the only way to do it is changing the code in the .js file? No way to do
    it from Mozilla without going into the code?

    --
    John Coxon

    Random quote:
    Get forgiveness now - tomorrow you may no longer feel guilty.

    John Coxon, Apr 14, 2004
  4. Mozilla is a work in progress. Not every option has a gui yet.

    cheers,

    David

    David Harrison, Apr 14, 2004
  5. John Coxon

    .BRIAN. Guest

    And, I doubt we will *ever* see that added to a GUI option. Those files
    have been around for a very long time in the Mozilla/Netscape Suite, and
    now FX too.

    IMO, those files are great--you can change a whole lot of things via the
    user.js, prefs.js, and the userChrome.css files.

    You're not really *changing* the "code" in the user.js file; by default
    it doesn't exist--you have to put it there--so it's more like "creating"
    code. And that's pushing it calling those few lines "code", more like
    user preferences to me :)

    .BRIAN., Apr 14, 2004
  6. John Coxon

    John Coxon Guest

    In the two thousand and fourth year of Bob, .BRIAN.'s voice said the
    following, in wonderful perfect quadrophonic sound with distortion levels so
    low as to make a man weep:
    Check out the new reply header!

    Thanks a lot to everyone who helped!

    --
    John Coxon

    Random quote:
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something
    right, there's a 90 per cent probability you'll get it wrong.

    John Coxon, Apr 15, 2004

  7. 10/10 for novelty :)

    David

    David Harrison, Apr 15, 2004
  8. John Coxon

    .BRIAN. Guest

    It's longer than your message!

    .BRIAN., Apr 15, 2004
  9. You're welcome, but you might want to check your spelling.

    According to Merriam-Webster, the correct spelling is "quadraphonic"
    with "quadriphonic" listed as a variant.

    http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=quadraphonic

    ;)

    Caffeine Junkie, Apr 15, 2004
  10. John Coxon

    John Coxon Guest

    In the two thousand and fourth year of Bob, Caffeine Junkie's voice said the
    following, in wonderful perfect quadrophonic sound with distortion levels so
    low as to make a man weep:
    Yeah, I know, but it's a quote from a book so I thought it was probably
    better to leave it like that...

    And, if you're wondering, the book is "The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy".

    --
    John Coxon

    Disc space - the final frontier!

    John Coxon, Apr 18, 2004
  11. Ah, I see. Somehow I never got around to reading that book so it didn't
    register as a quote from there. I really should read it sometime... eh?

    Caffeine Junkie, Apr 19, 2004
  12. John Coxon

    John Coxon Guest

    In the two thousand and fourth year of Bob, Caffeine Junkie's voice said the
    following, in wonderful perfect quadrophonic sound with distortion levels so
    low as to make a man weep:
    Um... YES.

    The best book in the world.

    To it's readers, it is the fourth emergency service. No, damn, fourth
    biggest read.

    --
    John Coxon

    "It's not my eyesight getting worse, it's my mind getting weirder."
    - MEow (afdaniain)

    John Coxon, Apr 20, 2004
  13. John Coxon

    John Coxon Guest

    In the two thousand and fourth year of Bob, John Coxon's voice said the
    following, in wonderful perfect quadrophonic sound with distortion levels so
    low as to make a man weep:
    OK. I've got the reply header. Now, how do I put a line break in? The
    header.

    --
    John Coxon

    Celebrate Hannibal Day this year. Take an elephant to lunch.

    John Coxon, Apr 24, 2004
  14. John Coxon

    .BRIAN. Guest

    To get a line after your quote? Well, I don't know how to get a break
    in there, but you could try getting rid of the "space" after your colon.
    Maybe??

    .BRIAN., Apr 24, 2004
  15. John Coxon

    .BRIAN. Guest

    Well... I guess mine has a space too after sending it... so I don't know ;-)

    .BRIAN., Apr 24, 2004