    boo.matthews Guest

    How does one go about decoding a file that includes quotation marks?
    Many thanks.....

    boo.matthews, Jul 25, 2007

  2. boo.matthews

    Evan Platt Guest

    Decoding? Downloading from where? Or what do you mean by 'decoding'?

    Evan Platt, Jul 25, 2007

  3. boo.matthews

    why? Guest

    What do you mean?

    Filename/extension?

    Decoding? If you can see it has quotation marks in it, then it's
    decoded, you are vieweing it somehow.

    You haven't posted an example ot the file data.

    If it's "data","data" then any spreadsheet text to cols / load csv file.

    Depends what you want to do with it.

    You didn't say a lot.

    Me, I use Perl a lot to play with data files.
    <snip 2nd copy of email, maybe OP likes the spam>

    Me

    why?, Jul 25, 2007
  4. boo.matthews

    Mike Easter Guest

    OK, I get it.

    We are supposed to figger out what you really mean, rewrite the
    question, and then answer the right question. That seems like a
    perfectly reasonable request.

    NOT.

    Suppose the question were actually, "How can you reformat the text from
    a newsgroup message which contains both EOL returns and quote/citation
    marks?"

    My answer would be, I use the now shareware app TextCleanup.

    There was recently a thread here on that topic, but unfortunately the
    once great googlegroups search engine has fallen onto hard times, so I
    can't paste in a GG link.

    The topic thread is:

    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: Utility To Remoe ">" In Messages
    Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 07:23:40 -0700

    It's too bad that GG search has become a low priority to Google the
    corporate cash hog.

    Mike Easter, Jul 25, 2007
  5. boo.matthews

    Daave Guest

    "En français"!

    http://groups.google.fr/group/24hou...ad/a2c3c6fc6654543b/412f965f99c3b8ae?lnk=raot

    Daave, Jul 26, 2007
  6. boo.matthews

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter, Jul 26, 2007
  7. boo.matthews

    Daave Guest

    Yes, it just gets worse and worse. I guess they're too busy not doing
    evil.

    Daave, Jul 26, 2007
  8. boo.matthews

    Pennywise Guest

    Pennywise, Jul 26, 2007
  9. boo.matthews

    Art Guest

    The same way as one without quotation marks.

    Art, Aug 3, 2007