    $120 mark or less, but willing to go a little higher if necessary.

    Thanks
    Andy

    Andrew Dixon, Jul 10, 2005

  2. Andrew Dixon

    Rob J Guest

    My new PC has an Enermax, it's only 250W in this PC but the whole
    thing is incredibly quiet.

    Rob J, Jul 10, 2005

  3. http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=144941

    119.74 Dollars, and very very quiet. You can hear exactly just how quiet
    after turning the machine off because it keeps running the fans for a
    while after to cool everything down nicely. You have to hold your head
    close to the case to hear it at all. It is definitely not *silent*, but
    the sound is barely perceptible and a not_unpleasant grey noise. (rather
    than sharp or whiney or beat or pulse all of which are unpleasant
    noises). For even quieter you'd probably have bo buy a Nexus at twice
    the price or one of those fan-less ones at three times the price :)

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Jul 11, 2005
  4. Andrew Dixon

    gibbo Guest

    http://www.pp.co.nz/ProductsD.php?pp_id=PSU00044

    fanless = no noise at all... but pricey.

    gibbo, Jul 11, 2005
  5. Andrew Dixon

    Andrew Dixon Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion. This looks like the frontrunner at the moment.

    Thanks
    Andy

    Andrew Dixon, Jul 11, 2005
  6. Andrew Dixon

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Looks nice.

    ~misfit~, Jul 11, 2005
  7. Andrew Dixon

    ~misfit~ Guest

    The only probelm with going fanless with the PSU is that ensures you *will*
    need a case fan and most case fans are noisier than a good (cheaper than the
    above) PSU.

    ~misfit~, Jul 11, 2005
  8. Andrew Dixon

    Tony Guest

    Plus you need a Fan to keep the Hard Drives cool..

    This has a Fan control thing and they are Very Quite

    Enermax EG425P-VE SFMA, Dual Fan, 420W ATX PSU

    $119.74 incl GST

    Tony, Jul 11, 2005
  9. Andrew Dixon

    David Preece Guest

    I got an Antec PSU. Very good, but a bit on the pricey side ($170 odd
    these days).

    Dave

    David Preece, Jul 11, 2005