Quiet Pc cooling fans

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mark Ferguson, Nov 25, 2003.

  1. Has some one the link for the NZ people who do quiet PC fans and cooling
    systems?

    Mark Ferguson, Nov 25, 2003

  2. Mark Ferguson

    T.N.O. Guest

    Other than dropping them to 7V or 5V, there doesnt seem to be any NZ
    based solutions.

    quietpc.com was good, as was silentpc.com last time I checked...
    Personally Im going it alone, as no-one seems to be able to do a decent job.

    T.N.O., Nov 25, 2003

  3. This brand could be available but as its Ascent its any one guess...

    So Please do not Blame me is its not..

    3 sizes listed 80,92 & 120..

    Gregory Parker, Nov 25, 2003

  4. May be you should check on Ascent

    Gregory Parker, Nov 25, 2003
  5. Mark Ferguson

    Dogg Guest

    http://www.quietpc.com/nz/

    For future reference, you should "munge" your email address when
    posting to newsgroups to avoid address harvesting bots and being
    spammed to buggery. An example would be

    Dogg, Nov 25, 2003
  6. Even the quiet fans arnt that quiet.
    I have tried Vantec Stealth fans: they are quieter just from running slower(but wernt quiet enough)
    Why not try just running fans at 5v(easy to make an adapter). Fans are very quiet then, probhably
    quieter than 'quiet fans'.

    Steve Robertson, Nov 25, 2003

  7. No NO & NO, you get No Air Flow..

    Gregory Parker, Nov 25, 2003
  8. Mark Ferguson

    The Hobbit Guest

    The Hobbit, Nov 25, 2003
  9. Mark Ferguson

    John Guest

    On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 12:38:18 +1300, The Hobbit wrote:

    <snip>

    I purchased an "Akasa Paxmate Acoustic Absorption Mat" from Paradigm
    last November ($52).
    I had my wife listen to the computer before, and after, I fitted the
    mat and in her opinion there was no difference in the noise level,
    this was also my reaction.

    Needless to say I was disappointed and shrugged it off as more wasted
    money on computers. That was until a couple of weeks later when I
    realised that I hadn't been aware of the noise for awhile.

    Once you think about the noise it seems the same as before fitting the
    mat, but I'm not aware of the noise normally.
    In my opinion the noise level is still the same as previous, but a
    frequency level must have changed.

    Regards
    John

    John, Nov 26, 2003
  10. Mark Ferguson

    Jerry Guest

    I couldn't hear anything over my wife. Since she moved out I've been
    enjoying the sound of my fans.

    Jerry

    Jerry, Nov 26, 2003
  11.
    Peter Gutmann, Nov 27, 2003
  12. Yeah, you can get that depending on what sort of insulation you use. You can
    get heavy-duty rubber matting used to deaden vibrations in car panels and line
    your case with those to get rid of low-frequency/vibration noise, for example.
    Before you start you really need to figure out what sort of noise is the
    biggest problem. It's very system-dependant, for example if you have a pre-
    FDB HDD that'd be the first thing to go for, then insulation for HF/LF noise,
    maybe change the case fan, etc etc. Unfortunately frequently the only way to
    do this is to spend the $$$ to fit various noise-control features and see
    which works best.

    Peter.

    Peter Gutmann, Nov 27, 2003