    If anyone has any insight in this regard, feel free to relay any
    pointers.

    Umar

    Umar, Oct 29, 2010

  2. Umar

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    Have a look at Acronis True Image:
    http://www.acronis.com/

    I use the Acronis bootable CD to create images from time to time but it is
    also capable of keeping itself up to date if you do a full install.

    In the event of a problem boot from the Acronis CD, select the image and
    tell it to restore. Takes 5 - 20 minutes depending on image size.

    Jeff Gaines, Oct 29, 2010

  3. Umar

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    It would be interesting to determine the root cause of your blue
    screens.
    You have to recall what changes you did to your laptop that caused
    those blue screens (software installation, drivers, etc.).
    A quicker solution might be a system restore to a no-blue-screen day.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 29, 2010
  4. Umar

    Umar Guest

    Being mostly a business user of Win 7, I have had limited success in
    figuring out the root cause of any of the blue screen situations that
    I encountered, in collaboration with appropriate win 7 support
    forums.

    Plus the time required to be spent to trudge through the restore
    process or safe boot or whatever was similar to programming in "COBOL
    that cripples the mind."

    While I am ascribing no blame, I am just pointing out the reality of
    my world as a non-techie. This is not a MS issue nor anyother vendor
    issue -- the blue screen mgmt is inherently complex, IMHO.

    That said, I will try to cross the chasm to Acronis True Image.

    Thanks,

    Ramu

    Umar, Oct 29, 2010
  5. Blue screens in Win7 are really rare unless there is an underlying problem,
    so I'd strongly second Carlos' suggestion to let us help resolve them. That
    being said, I've used Acronis with good success, but currently use Windows
    Home Server for my backup mechanism. Given that I have well more than a
    single machine, WHS is a much better overall solution, IMO. Plus it will
    give you remote access to home resources when you're on the road.

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Oct 30, 2010
  6. Umar

    acmz123 spot Guest

    I think an easy way to keep your Computer from Running Slow is to install a PC protector or cleaning, according to my personal experience, Tuneup360 is good choice, and your computer takes only 30 sec to start up if you have it!!!

    acmz123 spot, Nov 29, 2010
  7. Umar

    acmz123 spot Guest

    I think an easy way to make your laptop recover from unexpected Win 7 blue screen is to install a PC protector or cleaning, according to my personal experience, Tuneup360 is good choice, and your computer takes only 30 sec to start up if you have it!!!

    acmz123 spot, Nov 29, 2010