    Starting photoshop takes too long. Is there a smaller (and free) app that
    can be used to crop and save a jpeg file faster? I tried GIMP, also takes a
    long time to startup. My PC is slow...

    peter, Apr 2, 2006

  2. peter

    irwell Guest

    Irfanview is free and does what you want in
    about twenty seconds.

    irwell, Apr 2, 2006

  3. peter

    Cowan Guest

    I'd second that! Irfanview is one of the best free apps out there!!!

    Cowan, Apr 2, 2006
  4. peter

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Thirded!

    Paul Heslop, Apr 2, 2006
  5. peter

    tomm42 Guest

    Irfanview is a nice, small utility, won't sub for an image editor, but
    it is great for screen grabs.

    Tom

    tomm42, Apr 2, 2006
  6. peter

    Bill Funk Guest

    Windows has included Paint for decades.
    Irfanview, as already mentioned, is free, and does this too, as well
    as a LOT of things that paint doesn't do or doesn't do as well.

    Bill Funk, Apr 2, 2006
  7. peter

    ekbond Guest

    Try SnagI

    http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.as

    Captures screen, window, or predefined area. You can hotkey a snag o
    you can setup a timed capture. Tons of options. I've used it fo
    years and it only gets better with each upgrade

    ekbond, Apr 4, 2006