    Does anyone know of a subroutine for Quickbasic whch will
    open an HP inkjet to permit printing
    Thanks

    none, Dec 6, 2005

  2. none

    Trax Guest

    wrote:

    |>Does anyone know of a subroutine for Quickbasic whch will
    |>open an HP inkjet to permit printing

    Do you know the escape codes for the printer? If so just print the
    appropriate one to the device.

    Are you going to program it yourself? or asking for one? Finding one
    might take sometime' writing one yourself is a great start in
    programming as this type of program is very simple.

    Trax, Dec 6, 2005

  3. none

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In spewed forth:
    Is this a problem because your HP is connected via USB? HP should be fine if
    you are on a standard LPT port.

    If it *is* USB, I think you can set it up with the Net Use command. In
    Windows, SHARE the printer. Make a note of the printer share name and the
    computer name. At the DOS prompt, type: net use lpt1
    \\computername\printername <enter>

    Then run Quickbasic. That may work for you...I don't have QB installed here
    at home, so I can't test it.

    Toolman Tim, Dec 6, 2005
  4. none

    none Guest

    The port is DOT4_001

    I don't know how to use this to make
    printer print a string value using Quickbasic
    Could you help me ?
    Thanks

    none, Dec 6, 2005
  5. In spewed forth:
    That is the USB port. The information Toolman Tim posted (which you snipped
    out) covered that exact problem. Share the printer, Net Use LPT1 printer.

    Quirk E. Dude, Dec 6, 2005