quick question regarding 2620 cisco routers and the processor revision...

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by zenzibar, Jun 11, 2004.

  1. zenzibar

    zenzibar Guest

    Hi all...

    I'm about to purchase three of these units off ebay for personal use.

    Most are listed with the configuration dump.

    The version of the IOS dosen't concern me, because I know I can upgrade
    that, but should I be concerned about the processor revision number ?

    Sorry if that's a stupid question, but all the routers processors seem to
    have a different revision i.e:

    cisco 2620 (MPC860) processor (revision 0x600) with 45056K/4096K bytes of
    memory

    all replies appreciated

    Kindest Regards

    zenzibar, Jun 11, 2004

  2. The revision number is the hardware revision of the matherboard. Which
    cannot be changed by software. Most changes are cost reductions, or
    supplier changes. Unless there is a recall out against a specific hardware
    revision, they should be functionally equivalent.

    I would also like to take a moment to remind people buying Cisco gear from
    eBay to pay attention to IOS software licensing issues.

    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/csc/refurb_equipment/

    Note the Software Transfer & Licensing section, if you want to have
    non-pirated IOS software.

    Phillip Remaker, Jun 14, 2004