    probably take one of the SQL Server ones) after passing all the core? The
    site says that an MCSA on Windows 2000 will count as an elective for MCSE
    2003.. but what about MCSA 2003?

    Guest, Jan 7, 2005

  2. Hello,

    If you pass an exam which is elective for both MCSA and MCSE will count for
    both certifications.

    Emanuel Ceciu

    Emanuel Ceciu, Jan 7, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    That's not what I mean.. what I'm asking is does having an MCSA on 2003 in
    itself count as an MCSE on 2003 elective. The site says that an MCSA on 2000
    does; if I am going for the 2003 track will I need to take an extra exam to
    count as the MCSE elective?

    Guest, Jan 7, 2005
  4. Guest

    Neil Guest

    Neil, Jan 7, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Well.. that kind of sucks. Means one more exam I have to take :( Kind of
    stupid if you ask me since the older MCSA will count as an elective in
    itself, but not the newer one?? Oh well.. just means I'll have to take the
    DBA exam as my MCSA elective so that will also count as the MCSE elective.

    Guest, Jan 8, 2005
  6. Guest

    Neil Guest

    AAAAANNNNNNDDDDD you're one step closer to an MCDBA cert too...

    Neil, Jan 9, 2005