Questions about 70-622

Discussion in 'MCITP' started by Mark, Apr 16, 2008.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    I passed the 70-620 yesterday with an 810 this was my first exam ever, and i
    was thinking since i still have all this Vista stuff in my head and pretty
    motivated i should continue on a get into the 70-622 or 70-623, i am just
    wondering what the deal with these exams are, they look similar to the
    70-620 the 70-622 deals with vista in an active directory environment and
    deploying it and the 70-623 is more like the 70-620 with home use?

    I am wondering how harder the 70-622 is than the 70-620? i plan to get the
    MS press book since the MS press book for the 70-620 i thought was great and
    coverd everything you needed to know. What kinds of stuff do the MCITP exams
    cover are they more troubleshooting than just knowing the features like on
    the 70-620?

    Other than that the 70-622 looks like it has alot of interested stuff you
    should know anyways.

    thanks for any info

    Mark-

    Mark, Apr 16, 2008

  2. Mark

    Garth Guest

    I would go for 622, I passed it a while back using the MS Press book. Also I
    am helping out at our local study group for 622, you can find some of our
    chapter/module summaries on your web site.
    http://owsug.ca/forums/39/ShowForum.aspx. In a few weeks I will take all the
    PPTs and make one big summary doc, they might help you with your studing.

    BTW, I have found creating my own chapter summaries helps with learning the
    material.

    Garth, Apr 18, 2008

  3. Mark

    MikeF Guest

    Maybe consider 624?

    But the big question is, what do you want to do? What the goal, the
    endgame?

    MikeF, Apr 18, 2008
  4. Mark

    MikeF Guest

    Oooops, never mind. 622's the one. Sorry, haven't had my five vodkas yet.
    :}

    MikeF, Apr 18, 2008
  5. Mark

    John Gidman Guest

    Congrats on the pass.

    The 622 with the 620 will give you the MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician.
    I look at it as the Vista equivalent of the MCDST. The 623 and 620 will give
    you the MCITP: Consumer Support Technician, which appears to be aimed more
    towards the person working in, say, a retail environment.

    The 622 is hard, regardless of what anyone may tell you. I used the Sybex
    book and the MS Press book but the biggest help was the MS site itself.

    Best of luck.

    John Gidman, Apr 19, 2008