    Will vinyl records become the dominant format again and replace CDs
    and MP3s? I thought technology was going forward, not backward. It
    seems that people want to return to older technologies.

    Matt Casey, May 16, 2009

  2. The local Chevy dealer has a first year Suburban sitting on the
    pedestal, out in front of his lot in Carlsbad. It is for sale.

    Car lots DO sell used cars. Even old ones. Get a clue, or get relegated
    as yet another Usenet retard.

    Archimedes' Lever, May 16, 2009

  3. Matt Casey

    Tarkus Guest

    No.

    What I really love is the vinyl cult who constantly preach about how
    much warmer and natural the sound is than digital, and then rip their
    LPs and proudly upload them to torrent sites, as if it's something special.

    When they rip them, they're converting them to digital, but not using a
    multi million dollar studio and the original source material that the CD
    producers use.

    So instead of that "warm, natural" sound, you're getting snap, crackle
    and pop on digital from an inferior source.

    Tarkus, May 16, 2009
  4. Matt Casey

    Matt Casey Guest

    Will vinyl records replace CDs? I listen to audiobooks on CD and I
    don't want to switch to vinyl. How much of the market will vinyl
    records capture?

    Matt Casey, May 16, 2009
  5. Matt Casey

    Matt Casey Guest

    Are vinyl records replacing Cds?

    Matt Casey, May 16, 2009
  6. Archie - your anger has led you to babble utter nonsense here. What
    does a classic car (the Model A) versus a plain older vehicle (the
    Suburban) have in relation to a modern automobile that is comparable
    when looking at vinyl LPs against digital recording sources like CDs
    and MP3s?

    Richard Cranium, May 16, 2009

  7. Reminds me of the illegitimate Rice Krispy that had snap, crackle, but
    no pop. Darn - that must date me!

    Richard Cranium, May 16, 2009
  8. Matt Casey

    Tarkus Guest

    That all may be true, but I was just pointing out the hypocrisy that I
    find so amusing.

    Tarkus, May 16, 2009
  9. With current sample rates and lossless compression, I would be willing
    to bet that their original contention, which was made at the advent of
    the lowly CD and its pathetic sample rate, no longer exists.

    Modern "remastered" classics sound better (some). Modern amplifiers
    push electrons into your speakers better than back then.

    So they are wrong. So are the dopes that claim tube amps are better.
    Trust me, some of the source masters are analog tape, so you may not
    want every nuance contained therein. Some processing has to be
    performed. It just doesn't have to take place in the form of the final
    product delivery format. Albums are old hat. Period.
    Any anomalous inclusions on a disc's data stream are also on the master
    source that it was made from.

    Had they not been acting so blind, even back then, they would have noted
    that even the original DDD type discs put their claims to bed, and the
    DDA album pressing compared to the DDD CD proved it... even way back
    then.

    On an album like "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway", the album sounded
    better on some tracks, but the CDs sound better on most. There are a
    couple tracks where the source master tape his was included on what was
    supposed to be a soft passage.

    But you old analog (i.e. albums, and tube amps) guys have to get past
    this stupid false claim of "better sounding" audio. The final transducers
    (your speakers) are ALL analog, so what drives them shouldn't matter.

    You guys need to give it up.

    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, May 16, 2009

  10. The statement was "a first year suburban", you retard.

    It is not surprising that you do not know what that is.

    Archimedes' Lever, May 16, 2009

  11. First intelligent, contributory post I think I have ever seen you make.
    Congratulations.

    Archimedes' Lever, May 16, 2009
  12. Matt Casey

    BlueBuyYoo Guest

    Minimal. Niche at best.

    Most folk today have already sacrificed sound quality for convenience.
    MP3 is already taking over from CDs and the comparison in sound quality
    is pretty dramatic. Mini stereo systems and MP3 players have dumbed
    down the sound quality accepted by the masses.

    BlueBuyYoo, May 16, 2009
  13. Matt Casey

    MadManMoon Guest

    The Suburban is an over 40 year old model. A few more years and it too
    qualifies as an antique.

    What it proved, idiot, is that car dealers DO put old classic cars on
    their lots for sale.

    You have to be a total retard to have missed the point of the remark.

    MadManMoon, May 17, 2009
  14. Matt Casey

    BlueBuyYoo Guest

    Actually, you are wrong once again. You really should check your facts
    before spouting off your "superior" intelligence. The Suburban has been
    around since 1935. That would make the model over 60 years old and that
    would qualify it as an antique now.

    BlueBuyYoo, May 17, 2009
  15. No, I am not.
    My remark is factual.

    My remark that it has been around for more than 40 years remains valid.
    Can you really be that retarded? 60 years IS "more than 40 years". You
    need remedial math.
    OK. It is an antique now. That make my point about car dealers and
    older cars even MORE valid, you retarded little twit.

    Archimedes' Lever, May 17, 2009
  16. Matt Casey

    BlueBuyYoo Guest

    Dance, Archie! Dance!

    BlueBuyYoo, May 17, 2009
  17. The term "antique" never had a varied definition to my knowledge, and
    that definition was traditionally 50 years to my personal recall across
    several states.

    Apparently, the world does not concede as such:

    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/antique

    Archimedes' Lever, May 17, 2009
  18. On Sun, 17 May 2009 13:13:23 -0700, Archimedes' Lever

    Even more apparent:

    YOU are a lying moron!

    Bwuahahahahahahahahahaha!

    Richard Cranium, May 17, 2009
  19. Matt Casey

    Richard C. Guest

    : Archimedes' Lever wrote:
    : > On Sat, 16 May 2009 23:57:00 -0400, BlueBuyYoo <>
    : > wrote:
    : >
    : >> MadManMoon wrote:
    : >>> On Sat, 16 May 2009 10:36:01 -0500, "Mark Jones"
    <>
    : >>> wrote:
    : >>>
    : >>>> Archimedes' Lever went in my filter awhile back as a person
    : >>>> confirmed to not have anything useful to say. He is even
    : >>>> dim whitted enough to compare the sale of a Suburban to a
    : >>>> Model T Ford.
[...]
    :
    : Dance, Archie! Dance!

    =======================
    With him, it is more like twitching!

    Richard C., May 17, 2009
  20. Matt Casey

    BlueBuyYoo Guest

    The term antique is pretty subjective and can depend on when a product
    was introduced to the public. In terms of computers, I don't there
    would be much of an argument saying that the Apple I & II, IBM PC,
    Sinclair Z80, TRS... are antiques. Using the 100 years span on cars
    doesn't really work either.

    BlueBuyYoo, May 17, 2009