  1. mpg

    mpg Guest

    Is it possible for someone with AOL to see this message board?

    mpg, Jun 22, 2003

  2. mpg

    Plato Guest

    Sure. groups.google.com

    One can even sign up with them and post here from an AOL account.

    Plato, Jun 22, 2003

  3. mpg

    gangle Guest

    It's called a newsgroup. Yes, it is available to
    victims of AOL.

    gangle, Jun 22, 2003
  4. mpg

    Boomer Guest

    You could pay EL by the year. Call them and see if they will give
    you a good $$ deal if you do so.

    Check this out also.
    http://www.thelist.com/

    Boomer, Jun 23, 2003
  5. EarthStink is rapidly developing a reputation as a spam-friendly ISP and
    also as an ISP which sells its customers' email addresses to others. I
    would stay away from them if I were you.

    Gary G. Taylor, Jun 23, 2003
  6. mpg

    mpg Guest

    I ask Earthlink support about if they sell info about their customers and
    the said no and I ask if they share any information at all and they said no

    mpg, Jun 23, 2003
  7. mpg

    Jimchip Guest

    "rapidly developing a reputation"? Care to post any refs?

    While I'm not going to defend ELN as an ISP (I have had some past experience
    with them), I am especially interested in the "sells its customers' email
    addresses to others" allegation. They just won a big lawsuit against
    spammers.

    Can you provide any proof at all for your allegation?

    [snip]

    Jimchip, Jun 23, 2003
  8. mpg

    trout Guest

    Yes and no. From the site:
    "in instances where EarthLink and a partner jointly promote the
    Services, EarthLink may provide the partner certain personal
    information, such as the name, address, and username of persons who
    subscribed to the Services as a result of the joint promotion for the
    sole purpose of allowing us and the partner to assess the results of the
    promotion."

    Earthlink Privacy Policy:
    http://www.earthlink.net/about/policies/privacy/

    trout, Jun 23, 2003