    vendors based in New York city, you're doing so at your own risk?

    Thanks!

    BD

    BD, Jun 29, 2007

  2. Well, apparently that new name is too new new to be registered at
    http://www.resellerratings.com yet.
    However you may want to check e.g.
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Broadway_Photo for some of the typical
    scams. Then you can compare if digicombos is trying the same old tricks.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Jun 29, 2007

  3. In message BD
    sprach forth the following:
    Yes, other than B&H and Adorama.

    Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute, Jun 29, 2007
  4. and Calumet and Ken Hansen

    (and, I imagine, Lens and Repro as well).

    Andrew Koenig, Jun 29, 2007
  5. BD

    Tony Hwang Guest

    Hi,
    Producing a 100% copy in most product is not a problem.
    Like a counterfeit money. It can cause a big legal matter.

    Tony Hwang, Jun 29, 2007
  6. BD

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    Make life easy for yourself; go to B&H. 'Nuf said.

    Shawn Hirn, Jun 30, 2007
  7. BD

    Ben Miller Guest

    Berger Brothers does exemplary business. I've ordered from B&H,
    Adorama, Cameta, and they're all fine - no problems, and I'd order
    from them again...but only if Berger Brothers doesn't have what I
    need. Give 'em a shout and ask for Brad.

    http://www.berger-bros.com/

    Ben Miller, Jun 30, 2007
  8. BD

    Robert Coe Guest

    : In article <>,
    :
    : > Hey, all.
    : >
    : > Looking for an upgrade from a Canon 300D. Thinking about the 30D,
    : > thinking about the 5D.
    : >
    : > Found a site for a place in Brooklyn - 'digicombos.com'.
    : >
    : > Their prices look good, but I hear such horror stories about online
    : > vendors in new York (except for B&H)...
    : >
    : > Is it still the general rule of thumb that if you're looking at camera
    : > vendors based in New York city, you're doing so at your own risk?
    : >
    :
    : Make life easy for yourself; go to B&H. 'Nuf said.

    This thread, and others like it, demonstrate the enormous advantage that a
    reputation for honesty confers on a retail establishment in a competitive
    situation. It defies logic that so many business owners don't seem to
    understand this.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jun 30, 2007
  9. BD

    Marvin Guest

    My rule is not to do business with unknown companies. It
    doesn't matter if it is online, by catalog, or a store. It
    doesn't matter where they are.

    Marvin, Jun 30, 2007
  10. BD

    Alan Browne Guest