    HDTV signals. Is this the new thing? Will it be out by Christmas?
    Or is this something that hasn't been perfected yet?

    Thanks in advance!

    Wheresthebabes, Sep 22, 2004

  2. Wheresthebabes

    Jordan Lund Guest

    I'd wait for an HDTV tuner/DVD recorder. The next technology is HD-DVD
    or Blu-Ray, but there's going to be another format war first (a la
    VHS/Beta or DVD/DiVX).

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Sep 22, 2004

  3. Wheresthebabes

    Clark Zahn Guest

    You could spend the rest of your life waiting for the "Next Big Thing".

    If the current crop of dvd recorders are worth it to you then get one.

    You can get a Pioneer DVR-210/310 for around $225 USD on the web and it
    is full featured. I've got one and really like it. For less than $400
    you can get a Panasonic with a hard drive. The HD recorders won't be at
    that price for several years and then you have to pay for HDTV equipment
    and service to use it.

    Clark Zahn, Sep 23, 2004