    How does that rate?

    Your input would be very much appreciated. Many thanks.

    Ernst Meyer

    Ernst Meyer, Nov 4, 2003

  2. Ernst Meyer

    Someone Guest

    Just watch the time. Too many long qustions that eat away
    your time.

    Be crystal clear on RRAS DHCP DHCPRelay DNS WINS W2K
    routing subnetting IPsec etc and should be ok.

    Someone, Nov 4, 2003

  3. Ernst Meyer

    Plain Guest

    The worst test I took. The worst part was the screen
    layout. Many wordy questions describing the network and
    often go into two screens on a small monitor with one or
    two network diagrams. This is the only one when I
    finished the test with 2 min remaining. The subject
    matter was not difficult!

    Good luck!

    Plain , Nov 4, 2003
  4. Ernst Meyer

    znakomi Guest

    70-216 was the exam that taught me not to "single source" study. I had
    used Sybex exclusively through the NT4 track, and beginning of 2000
    track...until 216. I thought the exam was so hard that I was wondering
    if they had the right exam loaded in the computer...that bad.

    So I went home and got a New Riders and Passport. I seriously examined
    the new riders book, and then read through the Passport.

    I went in and 216 was a totally different exam. During this run
    through I was thinking "this is a fair exam, if I fail it, I deserve
    to"...and I passed.

    The only difference was reading the additional two sources...and that
    made the exam "not bad at all", it made all the difference in the world.

    znakomi, Nov 4, 2003
  5. Ernst Meyer

    Marko Guest

    216: All previous replies are good ones. Look for the
    exam objectives as the best guide for everything you need
    to know. If you don't know where to find exam objectives,
    you will struggle.....

    219, 220 and 221 have a unique style to them. I found
    them easy. But: I think anyone who can think spacially
    and laterally and not forget the context of what they have
    just read would do well. On the other hand, if you cannot
    imagine a 3D structure in your head and how it fits
    together (spatial thinking), if you struggle with how A
    links to B links to C and provides D (lateral) and if you
    are hopeless at the memory game you find on most mobile
    phones (remembering what you just learnt) then you will
    likely find these scenario based exams difficult.

    There is a large amount of information presented, that
    needs to be mentally sorted and you have to sift through
    the padding to get to the substance that answers the
    questions. And then read all of it again for the next
    question. And so on.

    I think if there was no time limit, and you knew the
    material *reasonably* well, you could get 90+ % easily.
    The pressure of time to come up with a solution in each
    case makes these tests more difficult. The amount of
    information you can fit on a screen at one time so you can
    speed read through it adds an extra dimension to the
    difficulty factor.

    Marko, Nov 4, 2003
  6. Ernst Meyer

    Plain Jane Guest

    Excellent points, Professor Marko

    Plain Jane, Nov 4, 2003
  7. 216 I failed first time, new style exam second time round, found it easier
    to understand, lots of drag and drop network diagrams, subnetting, IPSec,
    DNS, WINS, DHCPRelay. I set myself a limit on how long to spend on each
    question, just make sure you watch the clock as I got caught out first time.

    Stephen Briggs, Nov 4, 2003
  8. Ernst Meyer

    Ernst Meyer Guest

    Hi guys

    Thanks for your input. By the sounds of it they call 70-216 'the beast' for
    a reason. I shall make sure that I am well prepared before I am going to
    tackle it.

    Thanks again.

    Ernst

    Ernst Meyer, Nov 4, 2003