question on Priority Queuing

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by J Anderia, Apr 5, 2004.

  1. J Anderia

    J Anderia Guest

    Hi,

    I need to set up priority queueing on my Cisco 3660. I would like to have all http
    traffic set to high for one web server, 172.16.1.20, while the rest of the traffic to that
    server is set to normal. I know that I can accomplish this with an access list but I'm
    unsure of what order the router will process this. I am guessing that the router will
    process a priority-list in the same manner it will process an access list. Is this
    correct? Here is my proposed setup below:

    interface serial0/0
    ip address 192.168.1.1
    priority-group 10

    access-list 101 permit tcp any host 172.16.1.20 eq www
    access-list 121 permit ip any host 172.16.1.20 any

    priority-list 10 protocol ip high list 101
    priority-list 10 protocol ip normal list 121
    priority-list 10 protocol ip low

    Thanks,

    J Anderia, Apr 5, 2004

  2. J Anderia

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    Yes, that looks OK. You just must be aware that traffic will be
    prioritized just outbound, not inbound too.

    Ivan Ostres, Apr 6, 2004