    said mail on its own, I can then enable the auto removal of the junk
    mail, correct?

    Thanks!

    Axl, Aug 11, 2003

  2. Axl

    ho alexandre Guest

    Yes, or in any other folder.

    you must not delete it, since the algorythm used requires to have all
    the spams always to improve itself.

    ho alexandre, Aug 13, 2003

  3. Axl

    Axl Guest

    Good, I've been saving them in a junk folder.

    Thanks for the info!

    Axl, Aug 15, 2003
  4. Axl

    Marc Guest

    are you sure? mozilla has a built in function to delete junk mail after
    XX number of days and there is a file called 'training.dat' which is the
    training data for the Bayesian filter - so i don't think deleting the
    actual emails will change the way the filter works.

    Marc, Aug 30, 2003
  5. Axl

    ho alexandre Guest

    The moz junk filter is based on the bayesian algorithm that requires the
    original data. It incrementally creates a buffer (training.dat). Now,
    the "delete old spams" features is created to get the most accurate
    buffer possible (if you don't receive one type of spam il the last XX
    months, it is likely that you won't received it anymore).

    ho alexandre, Sep 2, 2003