    There's another wing in this same building that's like that, and I'm
    thinking it might not be as easy to fix. There's 4 APs in a relatively
    close area. Two are on channel 1, one on 6, and one on 11.

    pfisterfarm, Mar 26, 2010

  2. pfisterfarm

    bod43 Guest

    Maybe it's worth mentioning that the Windows ping utility
    can not do a suitable ping. Well, not unless you have a
    lot of time to wait for a diagnosotic number of packets
    to be sent:), say an hour or two per sample point.

    I use fping.exe from
    http://www.kwakkelflap.com/downloads.html
    (it's in the drop down list box)
    which can do a "cisco style" continuous ping.
    If you get 100's of packets per second then
    the the network is working very nicely indeed
    and you don't have to delay further:) I forget
    typical values since it's been a while.

    I think that the current linux ping does support
    a "flood" ping but I don't have one handy to check.

    I also like to use decent sized packets for wireless
    surveys, 1400 bytes or so since this stresses the
    network further.

    bod43, Mar 27, 2010

  3. pfisterfarm

    alexd Guest

    ping -f [flood ping, root only.]
    ping -A ['Cisco style', send next ping as soon as response is received.]

    Minimum interval in all cases is 200ms for non-root users.

    alexd, Mar 27, 2010
  4. pfisterfarm

    pfisterfarm Guest

    Thanks everyone for the information and links... I have one more
    question: How do I look at the co-channel interference and noise? Do I
    need a spectrum analyzer?

    pfisterfarm, Mar 29, 2010