    infection.

    tia
    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Sep 14, 2005

  2. Whether or not your friend's computer can connect to the other computers in
    your intranetwork depends solely on how you have setup networking on those
    other computers. Did you enable file sharing in their LAN connectoid?

    Some routers have firewalls (beyond just the fact that they have network
    address translation) that let you define rules, such as which hosts, if any,
    are allowed to communicate to each other or which are banned. I don't
    recall seeing any cable/DSL modems, however, that had a decent firewall
    (with rules that you could define to restrict intranetwork connections).

    If you have software firewalls running on your hosts, you could always
    configure them to NOT permit connections to them from anywhere except the
    LAN-side IP address of your cable/DSL modem (since you need to use its DHCP
    server to get your IP address and will need to go through it when going out
    to the Internet).

    Vanguard \(NPI\), Sep 14, 2005