    true vbr also? because after playing one album ripped in .wma vbr I
    played it in foobar2000 and the kbps number did not fluctuate like other
    vbr encoded tracks do.

    Muze Groops, Sep 8, 2007

  2. Muze Groops

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Muze Groops.

    VBR = Variable Bit Rate. Each frame of an MP3 file has its own header
    information which contains its bitrate. This makes tracking the time quite
    a task. Stick with CBR, it's much better.

    Ponder, Sep 9, 2007

  3. Muze Groops

    who'sthat Guest

    Wow...program icons on the screen. What a concept!

    who'sthat, Sep 9, 2007
  4. Muze Groops

    Muze Groops Guest

    LOL YOU'RE SO FUNNY I JUST threw up on you... oops!

    Muze Groops, Sep 9, 2007
  5. Muze Groops

    who'sthat Guest

    You either have to
    A: close what ever you have on the screen to open a new program
    OR
    B: Go through your complete program list to find the program you want

    Silly! I have NO program icons on my screen and I don't access program
    through start/programs and have to wade through 45 programs looking
    for what I want.

    who'sthat, Sep 9, 2007
  6. Why? A task for what/who?? If your player can't handle or seek a VBR
    encoded mp3, then it's no good. Hell, even the mp3 player built into my
    cell phone plays VBR just just fine. By giving a higher data rate to
    only the more "complex" parts of a track, it makes a very good
    compromise - if the encoder is doing VBR correctly, of course.

    David Matthew Wood, Sep 11, 2007
  7. Muze Groops

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya David Matthew Wood.

    I've never had any problem ever with a CBR file. Why fix what's not
    broke?

    Ponder, Sep 11, 2007
  8. And I as well as just about everyone else here have never had a problem
    playing or seeking through or "tracking the time" with a VBR file. The
    OP was asking how to use VBR. If you are good with CBR, then that's
    fine for you. That doesn't mean the OP wants to use it, however.

    I think you'll find that a lot of us techies don't really agree with the
    "Why fix what's not broke" statement, either ;)
    If something can be improved or "tweaked" in this case, then it should
    be. Right? :)

    David Matthew Wood, Sep 11, 2007
  9. Muze Groops

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya David Matthew Wood.

    VBR isn't an "improvement" it's an accidental hack ;)

    Ponder, Sep 11, 2007
  10. Not true, if VBR is done *RIGHT*.

    David Matthew Wood, Sep 14, 2007
  11. Muze Groops

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya David Matthew Wood.

    That's a rare occurrence. It's even worse when people use it for the
    audio encoding of a movie. Loss of sync is almost guaranteed.

    Ponder, Sep 15, 2007