Question for Kodak re DX 6440 Software (Bloatware??)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by golf, Feb 15, 2004.

  1. golf

    golf Guest

    Howdy:
    I bought a DX6440. Before using it I downloaded the current software
    for it and installed it.
    I found the software slowed down both the start and shut off of my
    system.
    As well as the SW continously accessing Kodak??????????

    I'm running XP home, I can easily load my pictures and movies with XP.

    Another thing there are a couple files on my memory card, one of these
    files lists four email addresses at Kodak.

    I removed the Kodak software.
    Is there any use for the software??????????????
    Joe

    --> Remove par from email address for replying

    golf, Feb 15, 2004

  2. golf

    Paige Miller Guest

    On Stardate 2/14/2004 9:17 PM, the following keys were mysteriously
    typed at golf's keyboard...
    Find the option that turns off automatically loading the software at
    startup.
    Find the option that tells the software not to look for updates.
    Great! Then you probably don't need EasyShare to retrieve your pictures
    from the camera.
    Yes, for those of us who want to manage our photos into albums, it works
    (although there is software available for purchase with more features).

    --
    Paige Miller
    pmiller5 at rochester dot rr dot com

    It's nothing until I call it -- Bill Klem, NL Umpire
    If you get the choice to sit it out or dance,
    I hope you dance -- Lee Ann Womack

    Paige Miller, Feb 15, 2004

  3. I don't like the album feature, but I love the way easyshare lets me select the
    photos on the camera and put them into specific directories and set the filename
    at the same time. I then use Windows Explorer (WinXP) in thumbnail view to
    browse my photos. The WinXP picture viewer is great for viewing the pictures.

    Basically each folder is an album, and programs like the WinXP picture viewer
    and IrfanView let you view the folders with thumbnails. IrfanView seems a bit
    slower when loading thumbnails in directories with lots of photos.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=, Feb 16, 2004
  4. golf

    Ron Hunter Guest

    It sounds like for your purposes (and mine) there is not. However, some
    users find it very useful.

    Ron Hunter, Feb 19, 2004