    THEM TO STICK AROUND AND CONTRIBUTE. If anything they will post a question,
    get a ridiculous answer and not come back.

    Thanks for your time.

    Guest, Jul 12, 2006

  2. Guest

    TBone Guest

    You seem to understand the reasoning behind some of the responses, but
    please provide recent examples of said legitimate questions receiving spew.

    As for the unanswered questions, you are as always welcome to answer them.

    TBone, Jul 12, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    1 example question posted on 7/10/2006 and answered 7/11/2006 and 7/12/2006 -
    Didn't have to look very hard or far did I?:
    Please to be emailing <> for all your [email protected]
    requirements. Ever ! Completely FREE, Instant gratification, fullest
    satisfaction guaranteed.

    However, you need to take care of two things :

    1. Make sure your tone in the email is very polite and respectful. It
    helps to implore. The Admins are already overworked.

    2. In the rare case, that your email bounces due to server overloads,
    please post your primary email address, along with the text of the
    email you sent, here, so we can look into the problem.

    Enjoy !

    --

    Cerebrus.

    And so it begins.........

    Maybe the responder could have said something along the lines of... "hey
    dumps are considered cheating... how about finding practice tests and a study
    guide"

    Do you get what I mean??? The answer provided no help to the poster, instead
    the guy/gal (cerebrus) took the opportunity to make fun of someone instead of
    giving a real answer. The poster still has no idea that dumps are cheating,
    all he knows is that if he writes to this address, someone will send some
    questions.

    So, instead of posting an informative answer to the posters question,
    Cerebrus merely uses his/her fatuous wit to make the poster feel that their
    email will be returned with some type of help for their test.

    Maybe a question could have been posed to the poster to find out if he was
    actually referring to [email protected] or was in fact looking for advice on where
    to find legitimate practice tests.

    And, as I continue to look through the rest of the responses, I notice that
    you (Tbone) were not at all helpful either to the poster with your answer of
    "Hmmm... Try cheatsheets at mcngp dot com."

    So I guess I am responding to the wrong person on this one huh?

    Guest, Jul 12, 2006
  6. Guest

    TBone Guest

    I don't see any posts that day according to
    http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.certification?lnk=gschg

    Then again, you may be getting dates mixed up because you aren't using a
    real newsreader. Perhaps I should expand. Provide a link to a useful
    question that received a useless answer.
    Because everyone knows that braindumps are cheating. People looking for
    braindumps don't care that its cheating and are treated as such. Those
    of us who aren't newbs to this newsgroup realize that.
    On the contrary, the response from that address will be tailor-made to
    the information they ask for.

    And as I said before, you are also welcome to answer their question in
    whatever manner you deem appropriate.
    Well, he had the wrong address the first time. I was just trying to be
    helpful. I thought your problem was about people not being helpful.

    TBone, Jul 12, 2006
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jul 12, 2006
  9. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jul 12, 2006
  10. Guest

    TBone Guest

    Heck, I don't even need copy and paste I can just click the durn'd
    thang. It seems to be giving me a feeling of deja vu for some reason.

    IE: I was referring to a direct link.

    NB: The standard for news post links for the rest of the world is to use
    google groups.
    I am familiar with it. However I use an actual newsreader. Anyway,
    M.P.certification is a *newsgroup*, not a website. MS just choses to
    offer a web-based news interface for the technically disadvantaged.

    However, as the date of the post changes based on time-zone
    adjustements, lets get away from that. I know the post you are referring
    to and anyone stupid enough to come to a microsoft newsgroup asking how
    to cheat on microsoft exams deserves what they get. So that is not a
    useful question relevant to the topic of the newsgroup.

    So, back to the original question, please provide a link to a useful
    question that received nothing but useless answers.

    TBone, Jul 12, 2006
  12. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I can see this conversation is going nowhere, but you should never consider
    someone technically disadvantaged especially when you know nothing about
    them. Someone you consider technically disadvantaged may be your boss
    someday.

    Guest, Jul 12, 2006
  14. Guest

    Thor Guest

    I would like to support this view. For instance, if I run naked through the
    streets, I would not like to be arrested, I would want to be asked if I have
    a nice day and if I want ice cream.

    Please do not post any links as answers to this post, since I am unable to
    use paste and miss the [ANY]-key on my keyboard.

    Thor
    MCNGP#53

    Thor, Jul 13, 2006
  16. Guest

    Guest Guest

    This does not surprise me...
    --
    Cheers,

    Dennis

    Guest, Jul 13, 2006
  17. Guest

    Guest Guest

    This does not surprise me...
    --
    Cheers,

    Dennis

    Guest, Jul 13, 2006
  18. Guest

    Cerebrus Guest

    Hi Dennis,

    First, I want to say that I have no hostility towards you at all. On
    the contrary, I respect you, since I know that you know your stuff (I
    used to regularly post to the MS vb.net group earlier, and have had
    occasion to correspond with you.)

    TBone already answered (and very well, I must say) on my behalf, but
    still... you will find my comments inline.
    Do you seriously believe that someone who is asking for dumps does not
    know that it is cheating ? Do you believe that they would not know what
    dumps are, and yet be asking people to send them dumps (that too in a
    MS certification newsgroup).
    I am a guy, FYI. ;-) I get what you mean, but you have not realized
    that it was a bait dangled for him. The answer was meant to provide no
    help. It was meant not only to make him run around a bit (since I know
    that this email address does not work), but to get him to post his
    original email address, so that he can be reported to the MS Exam
    piracy cell.
    The wit might be fatuous, thank you, but atleast he bit the bait. And
    Leo (the OP) was not interested in "help" for the test, he wanted the
    test itself. Which in my opinion(and in the opinion of the MCNGP), is
    the lowest form of immorality, and baseness exhibited by a would-be IT
    pro.
    What is the difference between dumps and [email protected] ? Are the latter
    more intellectually stimulating ? Or are the former an innocent version
    of the latter ? Also, people who are looking for practice tests will
    ask for practice tests.
    Which is the normal MCNGP response. The response to that email will be
    err... stimulating ! ;-)

    Cerebrus.

    MCNGP #LIV (LIVe every moment !)

    Cerebrus, Jul 13, 2006
  20. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Cerebrus... no harm intended... you just happened to be the first response in
    the forum.

    To everyone... it could possibly be the fact that I am new the forum and
    haven't seen a lot the questions that are posted, unlike those that have been
    around for a while.

    But, I guess my reaction is coming from the fact that when I was working on
    MCSE a collegue had said "why don't you try [email protected] when studying". Being
    young and naive, I went to a forum and asked a very similiar question as to
    where can I find these [email protected] I am sure you know what kind of response
    I received.

    My point is that this poor guy may really not have a clue what a dump is, I
    didn't... believe me I do now. And I totally agree that they should not be
    used. But the fact still remains that this person may not have known and
    like myself a collegue says hey check these out.

    I just think that we should give the poster a chance and if it turns out
    that they really are that stupid to be coming to a MS forum looking for
    cheats then have it out but then again, maybe it is because I am new.

    Guest, Jul 13, 2006