Question about USB connectivity and other units

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by aquollie, Feb 16, 2005.

  1. aquollie

    aquollie Guest

    I'm wondering if there is something that will allow me to hook my
    camera up to my Pocket PC? Both have connectors that allow for USB
    outs. Is there a unit i can plug both usb connectors into that will
    allow my pocket pc to retrieve the data on my camera? Must be a
    porable unit battery powered I assume. Thanks for you time.
    aquollie, Feb 16, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. aquollie

    Owamanga Guest

    Yes, there are a couple of boxes that can do this, one plugs into the
    wall, the other is portable and can be powered by battery if needed.

    The first unit is called a 'Computer'.

    The other, also a type of 'Computer' is called a 'Laptop'.

    You can get them here:
    Owamanga, Feb 16, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. aquollie

    aquollie Guest

    Thanks smartass but i am lookin to use the pocket pc as the computer. i
    just need something to connect the two using the two usb outs. If I was
    going to use the laptop, i wouldn't need the Pocket PC now would I?

    If anyone smarter than this guys has any ideas, i'm looking to transfer
    the images from the camera to my pocket pc to then send via email from
    my pocket pc. any real help would be appreaciated.
    aquollie, Feb 16, 2005
  4. aquollie

    Ken Davey Guest

    A good old USB card reader?

    Ken Davey, Feb 16, 2005
  5. aquollie

    aquollie Guest

    I was hoping so but am worried about the OS requirements. I can't find
    any info on the Pocket PC OS vs what required OS is per their specs.
    Was hoping someone had done this and would know. Thanks for the look.
    aquollie, Feb 16, 2005
  6. aquollie

    Scharf-DCA Guest

    You'd best check that the Macally device will work with a PocketPC, but
    the Japanese device appears to be able to handle this. It basically
    connects two devices that adhere to the USB-Mass Storage specification.

    Also see:
    Scharf-DCA, Feb 16, 2005
  7. aquollie

    i-ball Guest

    What memory card does the camera use?

    If CF or SD, these cards are common in PPC so you could just plug it in.
    i-ball, Feb 17, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.