    but I've searched on google and can't find the answer to my question, does
    this still work if the rest of that first line is non-blank, i.e. will the
    line shown below work as intended?

    JDC Enterprises, Feb 1, 2008

  2. XNA sucks. But no, it doesn't have to be on the first line of the body.
    It can also be a header, which, if XNA (which sucks) could have elegance,
    would be a more elegant way of doing it.
    I /think/ the XNA (which sucks) statement has to be alone on the line,
    the same way a valid sig delimiter has to be alone on its line.

    Happy sucking.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 1, 2008

  3. Yeah well, thanks for telling me what you THINK! For what it's worth, I
    think so too. But what I was trying to get was a definitive answer to my
    question, not guesses. I see someone else on another newsgroup I frequent
    regularly using the sample construct as above. I wanted to correct said
    individual in the proper use, however not much point in ME correcting HIM,
    if I'm the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. Hence the question
    as stated. Thanx for your input though, useless as it was.

    JDC Enterprises, Feb 1, 2008
  4. JDC Enterprises

    Evan Platt Guest

    Try it.

    Does it do what you think it does?

    Well, there's your definitive answer.

    Evan Platt, Feb 1, 2008
  5. JDC Enterprises

    Mike Easter Guest

    You are stating a googlegroups policy, not a 'basic rule'.
    GG sez it will honor that in its own particular way. GG doesn't say
    anything about other words on the line.

    gmane is another archiver which only says that it will honor XNA in the
    header.
    The best way to research that is to see what happens when that happens.

    If someone in another newsgroup is using that extra words style, then
    you would do your research in the following mannter.

    Use a normal newsreader/newsserver to search posts of that poster so
    that you can find some older than 7 days. Then use GG to search on
    those messages which were posted in that way by that poster and see if
    GG honored the XNA with extra words in it.

    Alternatively you could ask the question in a googlespecific group, but
    I think you can determine the answer faster on your own.

    Mike Easter, Feb 1, 2008
  6. JDC Enterprises

    richard Guest

    Before google took over archiving, it was an acceptable process to put
    the command, all in caps, and all on the first line with nothing else
    on that line.

    Other archives also honor that effort, but some do not.
    Yes, you can put the XNA field inside the headers of OE.
    If you click on the menu where it says, "all headers", a rather large
    area will appear where upon you can include xna if you would prefer.
    But it can not be done automatically as with agent.

    richard, Feb 1, 2008
  7. Sorry. I guess I should've told you what I didn't think.
    The 24hoursupport.helpdesk Refund Manager's name is Helen Waite. If you'd
    like a refund, please go to Helen Waite.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 1, 2008
  8. JDC Enterprises

    Mike Easter Guest

    'All headers' in OE provides the opportunity to populate values for the
    header fields: Followup-To, CC, Reply-To, Distribution, and Keywords,
    not any kind of header you would like such as XNA.

    However, if you use a default field such as keywords and put a word
    value and then use Enter to create a newline, you can put the XNA format
    on the newline.

    Mike Easter, Feb 2, 2008
  9. No need to apologize Binky, no harm done.
    No problem! That was already quite readily apparent from your original
    reply.

    JDC Enterprises, Feb 2, 2008
  10. I know. That and my next line, below, where were originally one
    paragraph, were meant to be sarcastic. I should've clearly marked them as
    such.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 2, 2008
  11. JDC Enterprises

    why? Guest

    Which set of rules?
    So far okay, forte agent does it that way in the msg body.
    Ah, Google groups reformat the message display.

    Not a good example any my news app does this any way
    "On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 20:31:58 GMT, JDC Enterprises wrote:"
    and I can set other options to my own rules.

    You could stop searching, perhaps after this :) these sort of things
    fall into the category of an rfc, so either www.google.com for

    rfc X-No-Archive

    or

    http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1036.txt
    Standard for Interchange of USENET Messages

    and
    http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2822.html
    RFC 2822 - Internet Message Format

    This should give you more info, clues to narrow down your search, at the
    end of RFCs you will get a list of related docs/links so go knock
    yourself out reading that stuff.

    The RFCs are also searchable by category, so a usenet list may also help
    http://faqs.org/faqs/usenet/

    or search the index of all RFCs
    http://www.ietf.org/iesg/1rfc_index.txt

    Me

    why?, Feb 2, 2008
  12. JDC Enterprises

    Mike Easter Guest

    So, now that you've had enough time to research your question, what is
    the answer?

    Mike Easter, Feb 2, 2008
  13. I don't believe anyone has yet stated that XNA becomes useless for
    hiding your posts if someone quotes them.

    Rule #6: never publish anything that can come back and bite you in the
    ass.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 2, 2008
  14. JDC Enterprises

    Rôgêr Guest

    You don't say.

    Rôgêr, Feb 2, 2008
  15. XNA becomes useless for hiding your posts if someone quotes them. ;)

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 2, 2008
  16. Thanks for your help Mike, most educational! I did exactly as you suggested,
    I searched messages at Google Groups. All his original posts (in which he
    does not use the XNA command) are there, but none of his replies to others
    (in which he always uses the XNA comand) can be found.

    It seems that GG does honor the command even though the rest of the line
    that the command appears in is not blank. Not sure about other news archives
    though, can't be bothered spending all that time searching elsewhere. I did
    search the one other archive you mentioned, but NONE of his posts showed up,
    so that's inconclusive at best.

    Also thanks for the education on using the "key words" header for inserting
    other lines, check my headers on this post to see a result of your tutorial!

    JDC Enterprises, Feb 2, 2008
  17. JDC Enterprises

    G. Morgan Guest

    Bwahahahaha!!!!

    G. Morgan, Feb 2, 2008
  18. JDC Enterprises

    Mike Easter Guest

    I was afraid that you were going to do this....

    <see XNA>

    Mike Easter, Feb 2, 2008
  19. JDC Enterprises

    G. Morgan Guest

    bWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

    G. Morgan, Feb 3, 2008
  20. JDC Enterprises

    Mike Easter Guest

    You left out the 0D 'character' between whatever & XNA.

    It needed to have an 0D 0A in there instead of just an 0D

    I think one would have to use Grzegorz Niemirowski's OE PowerTool in
    order to configure that properly. That's another example of information
    on the internet being inaccurate (about using Keywords line + a word +
    Enter to create a newline).

    Mike Easter, Feb 3, 2008