    Look at the list of nations that were the so-called "Coalition of the
    Willing" Estonia? Turkey? I'd hardly call that list a UN referendum to
    invade.

    JaR, Nov 10, 2006

  2. Wingnut

    Neil Guest

    I agree that hindsight is fantastic, but even before Iraq II, I was
    against it and felt that it would be a bad idea. The whole 2nd front idea
    seems wrong. Didn't work out for WWII Germany either. (Note: I am in no
    way equating "W" with Hitler. merely stating that a second front during
    wartime is not always beneficial)
    there was a chance "W" would be thought a genius? PUH-lease ;)

    the questions we always ask too late
    do you attack small children too? They might be dangerous one day. Good
    military sense != good morale sense.

    ....2nd front, just sayin'
    I do, but that has nothing to do with Iraq, war or anything else. I just
    don't think he's the sharpest tool in the shed and he must have lied
    somewhere along the lines.
    Is that like agruing an eye for an eye (which leaves everyone blind)? I
    will however mildly agree that the sentiment has merit.
    no, but we have beavers. You really want to live in a world without
    beavers?

    In all seriousness, that would be tantamount to lobing a nuke into your
    own back yard. Sure, who would really miss Buffalo NY, but irradaiting
    our water is going to cause a bit of a kerfuffle down there too.

    As a sovereign nation, we reserve the right not to think the way the US
    does. If we are being forced to, I want a vote in your elections. If I
    can't get either of the above, you ARE an oppressor, just like the
    terrorists say. (that was sarcasm and right thinking Amurikans will not
    disallow the choice A or B option.)

    Neil, Nov 10, 2006

  3. Wingnut

    kpg Guest

    As JaR once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    OK. I'm thinking about it. Yes...that's seems to be right.

    But what about nation-states that harbor terroists...you can
    go to war against them. Point is...don't give them a place to
    live and they will either die or go so far underground that
    they become just a "police" problem. So, all nations should
    purge their terrorist problmes on their own, unless they can't,
    then they should ask the world for help. If they can't do it
    themselves, and they won't ask for help, then the assumtion is
    they like the terrists being there, and then they, the nation-
    state, are labeled a terrorist nation and are dealt with
    accordingly. Which means sanctions, etc...backed with the threat
    of force.

    Oh wait...that's the Bush doctrine and it lost.

    We are in WWIII but most don't know it yet. This problem is not
    going to go away, by ignoring it or trying to appeaise it, and
    it might not even go away by fighting it on the battle field.

    There are no good choices...they want us dead or converted into
    a muslim nation - and they seem to have more resolve and fortitude
    then we do.

    I fear that the only way this problem is going to get dealt with
    properly is when NCY goes up in mushroom cloud. It may well be
    that any attemt to resolve it before then is doomed to failure.

    kpg, Nov 10, 2006
  4. Wingnut

    kpg Guest

    As Kline Sphere once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    or banning handguns becuase criminals use them in crimes...

    just saying.

    kpg, Nov 10, 2006
  5. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Declaring war on terrorism makes about as much sense as if we had declared
    or banning automobiles because of hit and run drivers.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 10, 2006
  6. Wingnut

    Neil Guest

    These sentiments are best presented by native U.S.of A-ians. If not,
    certain aspersions are cast on our character ;)

    Neil, Nov 10, 2006
  7. Wingnut

    Neil Guest

    nice.

    Neil, Nov 10, 2006
  8. Wingnut

    kpg Guest

    I fear that the only way this problem is going to get dealt with
    Oh yeah...when that happens it will be blamed on Bush, cause
    he spawned a whole new batch of terrorists.

    just saying

    kpg, Nov 10, 2006
  9. Wingnut

    Neil Guest

    how about banning stupid people because Darwin is taking too long?

    Neil, Nov 10, 2006
  10. Wingnut

    Neil Guest

    you say that like it's a bad thing

    ;)

    (waddya think of Flushing NJ? DANG GOOD IDEA!)

    Neil, Nov 10, 2006
  11. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    If they can't do it
    on the local news channel here in uk, there was big feature on the
    number of 'suspect' terrorists' mi5 are tracking in the uk. The figure
    was around 1600. As far as I'm aware the uk is not considered a
    terrorist nation yet there seems to be a growing production line
    operating through the uk. The point here is that islamic terrorists'
    do not need a state to sponsor them in order them to grow and become
    more powerful. All they need is their sick idealogy by which weak
    minded muslims can easily be recruited to fight in the name of allah
    and all that is holly, in English that means fighting against the our
    western way of life.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 10, 2006
  12. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    declared war on airplanes because they bombed Pearl Harbor in 1941.
    I hereby nominate this for poast of the day.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 10, 2006
  13. Wingnut

    kpg Guest

    As Kline Sphere once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    Yes, but the UK is stalking them, making their live miserable (hopefully).

    Image how they would grow in a friendly environment.
    Yes. So what do we do about it? Policical correctness prevents
    any meaningful action. But even I hate to think the only solution
    is to adpot Nazi like nationalism and "purge" undesirables. So
    our hands are tied. It's does not paint a very bright picture.

    kpg, Nov 10, 2006
  14. Wingnut

    kpg Guest

    As Kline Sphere once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    I 2nd so long as I get to help define "stupid".

    kpg, Nov 10, 2006
  15. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    I fear that the only way this problem is going to get dealt with
    exactly what the media would do, and thus so would the people. The
    same way that if after 9/11, the administration had 'sued for peace'
    with al qaeda, they would have been branded defeatists and cowards. In
    others words the administration is damned if does and damned if it
    don't, but then government has to make tough choices. I happen to
    think they've made the right one's on the war on terror, I guess most
    don't agree with me. Well, at least thus people won't get beheaded for
    opposing their government's view.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 10, 2006
  16. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    The point here is that islamic terrorists'
    I totally agree. To me it's quite simple, people need common sense
    transplants. Truly, I can't understand some of the arguments that are
    used by the flag burning liberals. I really do wish such 'people'
    could be deported to iran, north korea or the like of.
    it really doesn't does it.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 10, 2006
  17. Wingnut

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    Careful there, that was a little too close to U.S. of Asians. You know what
    happens when you get the tongue twister wrong?

    BD[MCNGP], Nov 10, 2006
  18. Wingnut

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    Hey...I'll bet his old cheerleading team is sitting back right now loving
    how much of a genius he is.

    BD[MCNGP], Nov 10, 2006
  19. Wingnut

    JaR Guest

    Fortunately, or maybe not in the eyes of some of my countrymen, I happen
    to be a card-carrying Ah-Merkin. I got shot at in Scenic Southeast Asia, I
    voted last Tuesday, and my Constitution sez I can say what I want.

    And I say...

    Bah. I typed three different things here just now. I have decided to type
    this fourth sentence instead. It's getting too close to beer-thirty for
    this discussion.

    Fsck it!

    JaR, Nov 10, 2006
  20. Wingnut

    Neil Guest

    WOOOHOOO!!!

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006

    - The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those,
    you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

    Neil, Nov 11, 2006